Rumors

--Ichinose's pov--

"May I hear your reason?" I asked.

 I knew that this relationship would never establish, but I wanted to hear it from him, he won't accept my feelings because we're in different classes, we're supposed to be enemies.

This reason might put me at ease because it could mean that he likes me back, that my feelings aren't one-sided, but the next words that left his mouth were the only ones that I didn't want to hear, the ones that would damage me the most.

"Sorry, Ichinose, I'm already dating someone," He said.

"w-who is this lucky girl?" I asked holding my tears, I can't cry, it will only trouble him more.

"It's Karuizawa Kei" He answered with the same monotone voice as always.

"Congratulations," I said.

"Wha-? W-why am I crying?" I couldn't hold my tears anymore, this is bad, it will just trouble him, why am I so selfish.

"I'm sorry Ichinose" He tried to comfort me.

"You don't have to worry Ayanokouji-kun, I just-" I could give a decent reason, I fell down to my knees, and cried, cried, cried, cried for a long time.

And Ayanokouji-kun just stood there, I know that he wants to help me, but he doesn't know what to do, I just keep troubling him, and he just keeps helping me, I hate myself, causing nothing but trouble to others.

"You might be thinking that you keep on causing me or the others troubles" Surprisingly and unsurprisingly, Ayanokouji-kun spoke as if reading my mind.

"But that's not it, you have never caused trouble to anybody, in fact, you just kept helping everyone in your sight, not caring about yourself, that's something that can be confirmed by everyone in the school" He continued.

"B-but, I never helped Ayanokouji-kun, even though you have helped me countless times," I said after I finally stopped crying.

"That's not true, Ichinose has helped me a lot ever since I met you, I'm really thankful for that," He said, I couldn't sense any lies in what he said.

"B-but, I can't think of a time a helped you," I said.

"Ichinose is a very kind person, you're kind to everyone around you, and that's something that no one can do, you have helped me a lot of times, but I can't tell you for now, just know this, I really want that we stay friends, I really like your company." He said.

"I'm always troubling you, Ayanokouji-kun" I said as I wiped my tears.

Even though I am hurt, I came up to an idea, Ayanokouji-kun is always helping me, I should put an end to these feelings, I know it would take time, I know it is something very hard.

But I'll have to do it, that's the first step of thanking Ayanokouji-kun, I should stop troubling him first, and then support him with whatever I can.

"Thank you Ayanokouji-kun, you were the one who brought me back on my feet when I fell in despair, you're the one who saved me from my past, I'm so grateful for that, so I will try to become a person who can help and support Ayanokouji-kun!" I said regaining my usual enthusiastic tone.

"What a change of heart," He said.

"hehe, well I can't be always relying on Ayanokouji-kun" I said.

"That's a good thing to hear," He said.

"But, whenever you feel troubled, you can talk to me, I will try my best to help you," He continued.

It's this side of him, it's like he is so observant, he analyzes how I feel, and says the best words possible, at the moment I need them the most.

"Thank you, Ayanokouji-kun, you too, if you ever needed help, please turn to me, I will try my best to help you" I said with a big smile on my face, even though there was tar that ran down my cheek I was a bit happy because I can finally try and put an end to these feelings.

With that, I left without saying another word.

--Kiyotaka's pov--

I was looking at Ichinose who started leaving, she needed some time alone so I let her go back to the dorms by herself, I decided to be honest with her, after all, I was the one who said that a confession will need an absolute and honest answer.

Ichinose will probably go back to her room and cry the whole night until she falls asleep.

But Ichinose has grown a lot since last year, she is not the same weak girl that would collapse because of this, no she will collapse, but she will stand back up, that's the new Ichinose that she has grown into.

I felt some sort of guilt for rejecting her, but I can't do anything about that, let's just go back for now.

----time skip----

--Kiyotaka's POV--

The next morning came back really fast.

I am now heading to the school, I felt some weird glances from other students while I'm on my way, it was like that time when I got 100 in the math exam. No these glances were more intense, Ugh, I hate this.

All my way to school, I just endured the glances, and when I entered the classroom, even though I came rather early, almost all the students turned their gazes towards me.

I noticed that almost all the girls from our class were surrounding Kei's seat.

When I went to my seat and sat, immediately all the Ayanokouji group gathered at my seat.

They couldn't say anything, they stood there silent for a moment.

The awkward silence filled the classroom,

"What's up?" I said breaking the silence.

"Is it true that you rejected Ichinose-san because you're dating Karuizawa-san?" Haruka asked in a very low voice.

"Wha-"

End.

Of course a cliffhanger, I need to start sleeping a bit early.

I was getting sad while writing this crap, hope you liked it.

I got this one shot's idea from a post on Reddit.

This happens after the 2nd Island exam, if you read y2 v4 you'll understand what I'm saying.

Anyways, of course you need other parts of this one-shot, I don't have a fixed plot for it so I don't know how much time I will need.

I also need to complete the New challenges' fic's chapter it's been a kind of a long time since I updated it.

not to mention that I need to think of the plot of the previous one-shot because it seemed that you liked it a lot.

and I need to work on the reaction fic's next chapter, working on a lot of fics at the same time is kinda hard lol.

Btw, I failed two modules (Exams) out of six, It's what I get for letting the studying for the last minute, I still have some kind of another try exam, so I'll work harder for it this time!.

Annd see you in the next update!!!!!!