Twenty one

"How do I look?"

Ernesto turned around and his heart skipped a beat. Stood in front of him was the love of his life looking more stunning than ever. Her red evening gown shaped her figure perfectly, before cinching in at the waist and flowing elegantly to the floor. Draped lace sleeves hung off her shoulders, partly covered by her long wavy hair. The bodice of her dress glistened slightly from the diamonds adorning it. She was the picture of beauty, a princess ready for the ball. Or, awards ceremony.

"Well?" She asked, crossing her arms in impatience.

Ernesto snapped out of his trance, blinking a few times as he struggled to find the right words. "You...you look stunning, darling." He replied truthfully, lost for any other words to describe her.

A cheeky grin appeared on Holly's face, and she walked over to adjust his bow tie. "And you look rather dapper, too." She kissed his cheek, before licking her thumb and removing the lipstick again she had left behind. "How are you feeling about tonight?" She asked as she reached down to slip on her heels.

"Truthfully, I'm rather excited." He admitted. "It's a night that will go down in history."

Holly laughed a little. "Well I guess it will do. Would you like to practice what you're going to say?"

He shook his head. "Thank you, but I've got this, Chi Chi. I'm ready to lead the country into a new age!"

"Well just make sure you do it peacefully." Kim replied as she walked into the room, Kimmy in arms. "You both look wonderful."

"Thanks mum." Holly smiled as she walked over to take her daughter. "Are you sure you're ok to look after her?"

"Of course! You two deserve a night off, enjoy yourselves."

"Thanks, Kim." Ernesto came and gave Kimmy a kiss on the cheek before she was passed back to her grandmother. "Bye, my baby."

Ernesto took Holly's hand and the pair started to leave the room, but not before she rambled off a list to her mum.

"Remember, there's milk in the fridge for her. She can't sleep without her green bear. She really likes bath time, so if she's fussing, that might be worth a shot. The baby powder is -"

"Is in the top drawer! I know, Hol. It's ok, she'll be ok." Kim reassured her daughter. "I promise I'll call if anything happens."

With the new mum's mind put at ease, they made their way downstairs and to the car, ready to be taken to the event.

**********

Their car pulled up to flashing lights and cameras snapping. Hoards of people screamed and cheered, the sound echoing around the vehicle. The door was opened for them, and Ernesto got out first, holding out his hand to assist Holly as she emerged after him.

"I didn't realise how many people would be here." Holly whispered as they stepped onto the red carpet. She looked around in bewilderment, her hand gripped tightly onto Ernesto's so she wouldn't lose her balance.

"GUYS! OVER HERE!" Sadiq's voice bellowed across the crowds as he waved frantically. Serena smiled at them brightly before turning back to the reporter she was talking to.