Chapter 20

Woo! Double update!!!

"I really like this color." I told Ross, pointing to the color named sweet taffy. It was pink, but a really light pink. 

"What about this one?" He questioned, pointing to lilac pink. It looked more like a purple, but I really liked it. 

"I actually really like that one." I confirmed, leaning into Ross' side. "And since we've been looking at paint colors for a while, I say we take this one." 

He nodded and grabbed two cans of paint, while I grabbed the brushes. Before heading to the registers, we grabbed some tarp that we would use to cover up the floor. We then paid and left, and I couldn't help but feel excited about painting the baby's room. We would be painting it today, along with Riker, Ryland, and Rocky, since the crib would be delivered in two days. We wanted to start setting up her room, and painting it was the first step. We had already moved everything out and placed it in a storage unit near our apartment building. It looked weird empty, but once everything for the baby would be in there, then it would look better. 

"The guys should be here in a few minutes." Ross announced, reading the text off his phone. "It sucks that Rydel and Ellington are working."

"Yeah, but it's okay. They'll come over when it's time to help set everything up." I smirked. 

He chuckled and grabbed the tarp from the bag. He went into my old room and laid it down on the ground, protecting the floor from the paint we were about to use. He grabbed the paint cans and placed them on the floor, the paintbrushes next to them. Since I was wearing clothes that I didn't want to get paint on, I quickly changed into some old clothes that I never wore. 

The door bell rang, and before either of us had the chance to stay anything, the door opened, and RIker, Rocky, and Ryland walked in. "Jeez, just come right in." I glared at the Lynch brothers. 

They all chuckled. "It's not our fault that the door was unlocked." Riker defended. 

"Yeah, a robber could just barge in." Ryland added. "Not safe." 

"It's also not safe to mess with a pregnant woman with raging hormones." I said, narrowing my eyes. 

Ross cleared his throat, obviously trying to change the subject. "So, who's ready to paint?" Almost immediately, the three Lynch boys ran into the room, causing me to laugh. Ross wrapped his arm around my waist, one hand immediately going to my stomach. "Has she kicked today at all?" 

Ever since the baby started kicking a couple of days ago, Ross had been waiting for her to kick again. He was so excited about this, and whenever she kicked, he would immediately place his hand on my stomach. It made my insides melt. And when we told his siblings that she started kicking, they were so happy. Well, not as happy as Rydel. She was smiling so wide that she started looking creepy. 

Ellington, you better get her pregnant soon. 

"In the morning while I was in the shower." I answered, placing my hand on top of his. He pouted, causing me to chuckle. "She'll kick again, relax. Now let's go paint." He pecked my lips quickly before dragging  me into the baby's room, where his brothers were already painting. Each brother took a wall, leaving one wall empty, so Ross and I took that one. 

"This is a really nice color." Rocky commented, a few minutes into painting. 

"Thanks. I chose it." Ross bragged, causing me to roll my eyes. 

"Wow, I'm surprised you didn't choose yellow." Riker said. "Even though that is a boyish color."

"It can be for girls too." I argued. "But I'm glad we're not painting this room yellow. I don't think it would look right."