Author's Note - Read first!

Operation: Dard and Devotion

Well readers, this is my COMPLETED writing venture & I really do hope you all like it :)

Miscellaneous Info:

-UPDATE (June 7, 2017): As briefly mentioned in the blurb, someone had reported the *entire* story as being "Mature" (as if my numerous warnings in this Author's Note weren't doing their job..), when in reality there is NO sexual content. I will assume that whoever reported it had done so based on the violent content, which actually exists in like...5-7 chapters at most. 

-This story DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT idealize or romanticize terrorists. That is not my intention, and it disturbs me to even think of the possibility. Yes, one terrorist had to be slightly kinder than the rest - otherwise, realistically, the main character would have been killed right at Chapter 2 and there would be no story. 

-This story just shows how people from different backgrounds are affected by terrorism. There is no glorification of abuse, violence, or assault of any kind.

-You do not need to be Muslim/Arab/Pakistani to understand the story at all! All foreign terms (and there aren't so many) will be defined either through obvious context clues and/or the glossary at the end of the chapter.

-The full title includes the word Operation, in a military way. For those who don't know, in the military, Operation refers to a mission or project by armed forces.

-While the word r-a-p-e is mentioned in some parts, there is no description of rape at all. However, it may still be a trigger.

-While this story will contain many people's skewed version of Islam and social taboos, I do not endorse such mentality. This is not a religious book, in other words, its aim is not to convert anybody and it is not the "Guide to an Ideal Islamic Life for Dummies".

P.S: Dard means pain in Urdu/Hindi (languages spoken in Pakistan and India) and discrete glossaries for foreign words are at the end of each chapter, if necessary.

If you are sensitive to triggers pertaining to violence and abuse, it is recommended that you refrain from reading the story as I will not sugarcoat the intensity of actual events. Extremely violent behaviors occur in many places and I will be highlighting the ones that happen in the Middle East. Basically, facts will be intertwined with a fictional plot. The decision to read is ultimately up to you.

WARNING: This contains some violent content. This is based on true events that have occurred/do occur in this world even now. However, they are fictionalized because after all, this is a story.

All images, including those in the cover and the ones being used as chapter art, are not mine. All media belong to their rightful owners.

COPYRIGHT © 2015-2016 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Keep in mind, you are reading a first draft. This story had been written over the span of a year, so a change in writing style is evident.

UPDATE (March 27, 2016): I am aware of slight, random errors (mainly the switching of tenses).