Chapter 16~

'Hello'= someone's thoughts Saiki is readingHello= Normal thoughts"Hello"= Saiki communicating through telepathy"Hello"= normal speech

Hello= Normal thoughts
"Hello"= Saiki communicating through telepathy
"Hello"= normal speech

~🌺•                                                                 •🌺~

"It's so crowded!"
"Well, it's New Years Day. What do you expect?"

[Y/n] heaves out a sigh, spending their morning at the shrine with Saiki and his parents.

They were planning on sleeping all day, but Saiki's mom came to their door and invited them to go to the shrine, and they obviously couldn't say no.

"I wish for another happy year with you!"
"Oh no why are you doing your new year's payer to me?"
"It's because you're my goddess!"
"Oh, stop it!"

[Y/n] sighs once again. I love Saiki's parents and all, but sometimes their PDA can get a little too overboard.

[Y/n] thought to themself when they suddenly felt a stare directed at them. Knowing it was Saiki, [Y/n] shifted their gaze elsewhere.

The two teens hadn't exchanged a word ever since Christmas and it was starting to grow awkward.

Yes, we confessed our feelings towards each other but what now? What are we? There were many questions swirling through [Y/n]'s mind.

I'm sure Saiki's having the same thought process. It was finally their turn to make a wish. Everyone threw in their coins, rang the bell, then clapped their hands and closed their eyes.

I'm not religious or anything, but it won't hurt to wish for something. I wish for [wish of your choice].

"Oh? Saiki, (Y/n)!"

The teens turn around to see Kaido.

"This must be fate!"

[Y/n] gives a small smile and waves, not really wanting to talk.

"Are you guys visiting the shrine for New Years?"

No Kaido, we're here because we wanted to go to a Beyoncé concert. [Y/n] bit their tongue as they held back the smart comment and nodded.

"That's nice, I was just passing by. God doesn't exist anyways!"

Saiki's parents suddenly appear in front of Kaido. Oh dear...