Chapter 5~

'Hello'= someone's thoughts Saiki is readingHello= Normal thoughts"Hello"= Saiki communicating through telepathy"Hello"= normal speech

Hello= Normal thoughts
"Hello"= Saiki communicating through telepathy
"Hello"= normal speech

~🌺• •🌺~

"You're in charge of the house, Ku. We'll be back around dusk."

Right, it's dad's colleague's wedding.

"I can't believe he's holding it during the summer! It's so hot, right, dear?"
"It's even hotter outside!"

Saiki rolled his eyes at his parents. You're hot because you're stuck together.

"Are you really not coming, Kusuo?"

Saiki's dad asked with concern, to which Saiki shook his head,

"I'll pass. At first, it would seem to be happy and celebratory. But inside, welcome to your living grave. It's filled with jealousy, sympathy, and other complex emotions. I can't celebrate unhappiness."

Saiki's dad nodded with a frown,

"I see. Well, that's too bad. You could've used your skills to steal the show!"

An irk mark appeared on Saiki's head,

"Psychic powers are not for show."

~~

Saiki stood in the middle of the living room. It's quiet now, I'll watch some TV. It was then the male noticed dirty clothes everywhere.

What a mess. I guess it can't be helped, I'll tidy up. Saiki began to lift the clothes and put them away before he began to vacuum.

"It's so dusty under this furniture.."

After he finished vacuuming, Saiki began to sort the trash.

Good grief, how could they let this place get so dirty? What if there are insects? Saiki glanced to his right, and to his luck, there was a cockroach.

Without thinking, Saiki teleported to Texas. There was a cockroach. I fear nothing, but one thing.

Insects.

It isn't because they look disgusting...Well, maybe a little bit. The reason I hate insects is because they're unpredictable. I can read the mind of not only humans, but most animals as well. However, insects are too small for me to read their minds. I cannot tell what they're thinking, that's why I hate them. I could use psychokinesis to catch them, but I don't want to touch one even with psychokinesis.

However... Saiki began to look around. I didn't need to run away to Texas. And yet, I don't want to return home while that cockroach is there.

Saiki suddenly remembered that his mom had a package that was supposed to arrive soon. Five minutes have passed, should I go back?

Saiki teleported back to his room. It was on the first floor, I should be safe on the second floor. What should I do..?

~~

"Achoo!"

[Y/n] sneezed, feeling a chill go up their spine. The teen was scrolling through social media while in their hello kitty onesie.

Shrugging, [Y/n] was about to continue scrolling when an unknown number popped up on the screen

Shrugging, [Y/n] was about to continue scrolling when an unknown number popped up on the screen. Who is that?

Answering the call, [Y/n] brought the phone up to their ear.

"Hello?"
"[Y/n]?"
"Wha- Saiki? How did you get my number?"
"That's not important. I need you to come over now, my life is in danger."

[Y/n] immediately began to grab their keys,

"Okay, I'll be over soon."

Hanging up, [Y/n] sprinted out the door and across the street. The door to Saiki's house was unlocked, so [Y/n] carefully walked in while looking around.

"Saiki?"

Walking into the living room, [Y/n] continued to look around in confusion. Where is he? A hand was suddenly placed on [Y/n]'s shoulder, causing the teen to yell.

Behind [Y/n] stood Saiki, the teen letting out a sigh of relief.

"Saiki, geez, you scared the shit out of me. What's wrong?"

Saiki simply pointed to the kitchen,

"There's a cockroach."
"..."
"..."
"...You called me over...for a fucking cockroach?"
"Yes."
"...I'm leaving."

[Y/n] turned on their heel and began to walk away when Saiki grabbed their wrist.

"Please kill it."

[Y/n] began to whine before groaning and giving in.

"Fine. You said kitchen, right?"

Saiki nodded, [Y/n] holding out their hand,

"Give me a shoe."
"What? Why?"

[Y/n] turned around to face Saiki,

"Do you want this damn cockroach dead or not?"

Without saying another word, Saiki gave [Y/n] one of his dad's shoes. [Y/n] immediately spotted two cockroaches in the kitchen, squishing them without another thought.

Sighing, [Y/n] stood up and faced Saiki,

"Was that all?"
"Marry me."
"What is with you and that phrase?"

[Y/n] asked as they turned their back towards Saiki, attempting to ignore the heat rushing to their face.

"Well, I best get going."
"[Y/n], wait."

Saiki called out, causing [Y/n] to stop and turn around to face him.

"Nice onesie."