D is for Dangerous

I already published this work on AO3 TWO YEARS AGO, but I woke up today and randomly decided to publish it here as well, since originally I wrote the draft here. I guess I felt silly this morning. I also wanted to write an alternative ending because the original one left me kinda empty.

This chapter contains explicit language and mild violence. Don't worry too much about it tho.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suna Rintarou wasn't too sociable, everyone knew that by now. Talking was a social obligation he did not signed up for. There's something about people that desgusts him, all the fake smiles and hidden intentions. He feels like everyone is trying to get him, to take advantage of him and point fingers. Humanity failed Suna many times before, he learned from past mistakes and built boundaries. Those boundaries look more like panic attacks and shivers, uneasiness and constant overthinking.

Being socially awkward wasn't exactly a trait, but he kind of liked it. He could use it as an excuse to ignore people on purpose. Why talk to someone if all they do is being fucking annoying? His teammates were the worst of them all, with some small exceptions.

And this is what worries Kita the most. He wants Suna to socialize and make friends, or at least to cooperate with his teammates. The world was full of nice people, Suna just has to expand his limits. Whenever he'd tried to introduce him to new people, everything got awkward, Suna scrolling on his phone, paying little to no attention to the potentially new friend. Kita became desperate. He wouldn't want Rin to isolate himself the moment he leaves. He knew Suna preferred to be alone, but so much loneliness cannot be good for mental health. Even he had problems understanding the fox like boy. It was hard to see through Suna's mask and know his true intentions. The boy was too good at hiding his feelings. So Kita kept trying and coming up with new solutions. "Suna is glued to his phone, so maybe an online friend would be the best choice", Kita thought.

"Suna-kun, would you-", Kita started his attempt, but got quickly rejected when Suna waved his hand and said the fastest No in human history, eyes still glued to the white screen.

"Rin", the fox looking teen turned his head at the sudden call of his first name, now facing a serious Kita. "Just this once, then I'll leave you."

"I don't get it. I have you, why would I need another friend?", Suna cocked his head, things starting to get on his nerves.

"I won't be here for you all the time. I'm graduating in spring and then I'm leaving the country for college, who knows when we'll meet again", his serious voice got Suna to crawl in his skin, unable to find a valid argument in response, which made Kita go on with his idea. "This time it's different. We're not going anywhere."

Kita walked over to the sofa Suna was sitting on, laying down next to him. He grabbed Suna's phone right from his hands and started to browse for an app. Kita was the only human being allowed to use his phone; Suna trusted him even with his search history. When Kita installed an app for social interactivity in his phone, Suna thought his brain froze for a second. The app was supposed to put two strangers in a room, both anonymous. They had to conversate via text, no photos or voice calls, just text, and after you leave the room the convo gets deleted by the app. And no account required, no location, no name. Nothing. Suna was really confused now. How was he supposed to make a "friend" without knowing anything about the other person?

"You have to ask them if you want to know anything about the person you're talking to. That's how you make acquaintances", Suna blinked weirdly at Kita, questioning him with his sharp eyes. "I figured you were wondering about this."