1. Fries are probably cold anyways

(c/n) city name                                                                                                                                                            (f/r) fast food restaurant                                                                                                                                      (s/n) school name                                                                                                                                                     song lyrics are italicized

"All that's out here are houses and land, wheres all the places to go?" I said sitting in the passenger's seat of my mom's honda civic while driving to our new house.

"(y/n) there are places to go were just in the 'boring' part of (c/n), try to keep an open mind I think you'll like it here" my mom said in a hopeful tone and turned up the radio.

One of my favorite songs started playing so I turn to gaze out the window at the open fields with sparse trees spread throughout.

Mum and daddy aren't in love                                                                                                                             That's fine, I'll settle for two birthdays

Finally, after what seemed like an hour of driving, I start seeing stores and restaurants. Mainly just fast food places but I'm not surprised, we're in (c/n) so it makes sense.

First, we stop at (f/r) because I was starving from the drive here, but it was probably just from stress.

I haven't moved houses since my dad left us, which was 16 years ago so I obviously don't remember what it felt like to move away from everyone and everything I know.

Since my mom just finished her nursing degree, she got a job at the hospital down here in (c/n) and it's a really good opportunity for her, so obviously I'm happy for her, but at the same time, I'm missing my old house a lot.

It's been a rough 16 years at my old house though. After my dad left, my mom gave up in a sense and got addicted to drugs. The only reason she quit was because she spent all our money on her addictions and we couldn't pay for our mortgage anymore.

We could have got child support but my mom never went and formally got approved for it soooo. I doubt we could even find my dad anyways.

Luckily my aunt Jen lent my mom some money to go to rehab and get her life straight. During that time I went to live with Jen.

Aunt Jen definitely made a better life for herself than my mom did but it's probably due to the fact that she married a doctor and my mom dated a low-life.

After my mom came back from rehab she definitely seemed like a changed person. I was also like 5 and pretty naive so I don't remember much about how she acted. All I remember was how happy I was that she was home.

Although she had a few small relapses, these past 6 years she worked really hard on her schooling and nursing degree so I'm super proud of her. After all the effort she put in she finally let go of her past and everything that happened and she was able to better herself.

My mom doesn't talk about my dad very much, only calling him a dick or a piece of shit who doesn't deserve the light of day... so I don't ask too much

I'm pretty sad about moving but it's not all that bad. My old school was kinda shit anyways, I had a few close friends but everyone is highschool is hella fake and it's so obvious.

Toxic Boyfriend x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara