Chapter 5 - Rats, Roots and Sewers

Yes, I know I normally update this on a saturday or sunday (southern hemistphere time) but I am goingnto be bussy so I am updating a little early.

Oh my rainbow unicorn dust, 500 reads and 30 votes... Whaaaaaaa? Thank you so much, I never actually expected people to read this ^^

Almost perfect rythm with the R's in the tittle, stupid sewers that have no name starting with an R.

Now, this chapter is intense yet fluffy so be prepared to cry and die. (Pls don't die)
_________

Water dripped from the top of the rabbit hole. Mono looked around while tapping his fingers, trying to ignore the awkward silence between him and Six. Mono spotted broken twigs, twisting roots, jagged rocks pointing from the sides of the cave and onld scratch marks from the rabbits. He gave a silent sigh, before stealing a glance at Six. She was curled up into a sort of ball, rubbing her feet with her hands. Mono felt a pang of saddness for the girl. Who knows how long she has been trapped behind that door? Or how many horrific things she has seen.

Mono shook his head. "Hey," he softly quizzed, "are you okay?" Stupid question Mono, clearly she is not fine, he mentally slapped himself. Six lofted her head to look at Mono, her mouth flat as she shrugged. Her black hair reaching to her shoulders with her fringe covering her eyes. I will take that as a no. Mono nodded before looking away. Awkward. Mono fiddled with his thumbs, avoiding looking at the girl. It is me or is it unnaturaly hot in here.

Mono pulled at his collar of his jacket, trying to loosen it and get some air. Glancing at Six, it also seemed like she was warm, as she had uncurled herself keeping her eyes on the floor. "Odd," Mono silently whispered making sure Six didn't hear. But despite his efforts Six lifted her head up in confusion. "Oh, I'm not talking about you. It's just... it was cold a few seconds ago and now it feels as if someone stuffed me in a chamber with a bunch of other kids." Mono drastically explained. Six tilted her head. Mono slapped his forhead and laughed at his own stupidity, "sorry, I mean stuffy. It feels oddly stuffy in here." Understanding, Six nodded her head. "Wonder whats causing it?" Mono rhetorically asked.

A few metres down the tunnel, the snapping of twigs echoed through the tunnel. Jolting in their seats, Mono and Six turned their heads in that direction. Six gave a shaking breath before turning her gaze another direction to check for anything else. The rushing of a small shadow not too far from her made Six squeek. Mono spun his head to Six. She covered her mouth with her hands, shaking. Before Mono could ask a thing, Six pointed in the direction of the small body. It was hunched as seemed to be nibbling on a seed.

In quick, quite movements, Mono gently grabbed Six on the wrist and pulled her next to him. Attemtping to hide from the shadowed being. When Six was safely next to Mono, Mono gave a breath. The creature straightened up. Its big rounded ears twitching, while the tip of its assumed muzzle, sniffed. Silently freaking out, he slowly moved his free hand that was not holding Six's wrist, towards his pocket. The creature slowly and menacingly turned its gaze towards the two. Revelling its blood red eyes. Mono could feel Six pull at his sleve in fear. He rapidly shoved his hand into his pocket and yanked out his torch, shining it upon the beast.

A rat. A loud hissing noice came from its toothy mouth. It covered its eyes with its pink paws, its fur raising in disorientation. The rat is a big beast, twice as tall as the two. It scurried off into the depths off the cave. Mono sighed in releif, "close one." He turned his head to Six to check if she was okay. His eyes widened as a bigger rat towered the two. Mono screamed before tugging Six behind him. Mono glanced behind him, immediately regretting his decision. Rats, fatter than a bowling ball, snapped after the two. They squealed and hissed, each hunger than the next. The rabbit hole rushed past Mono's eyes.