Chapter 17 - Smoke

EVERYONE WATCH THIS VIDEO ABOVE OR I'LL EAT ALL THE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!

Heyo! School is killing me! Also do you know that I reply to coments during my school breaks... your welcome ^^

WHAT!! 46+k reads and 1.7k votes........ just wow you guys are amazing!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Enjoy!
______

Mono felt his nose tickle with dust. The room was filled corner to corner with coal. For what reason, Mono didn't know, all he knew is that it made him want to sneeze. Next to him Six sneezed. It was the most adorable sneeze that ever existed. Mono quickly covered his mouth with his hand, holding back a chuckle. His shoulders bounced up and down as he suppressed his laugh. Six gave him a look. She looked so very annoyed. Under his breath Mono mumbled "it was so cute." A pout fell on Six's face. Her arms crossed as she gave Mono this blank 'seriously'expression.

Mono snorted, giving up on holding back his laugh. He felt heat rise to his cheeks. Glancing back at Six, Mono saw how her face grew red. Aww. So cute! Six looked the other way, huffing. This made Mono laugh even more. His chuckles ricocheted around the large, blank walls. Tears pricked his closed eyes, his body shaking from laughter, and his hair swung side to side. He held his sides, as his ribs started to hurt from his laughing explosion. By the time he opened his eyes, he saw a yellow raincoat walking away. Mono tumbled after Six, trying to catch up. "Six!" Mono snorted, "okay, okay! I'll stop." She froze in her tracks, slightly surprising him.

Once Mono reached her, she huffed again. Her arms were still crossed, clearly angry that he had teased her. "Sorry...." Mono whispered. Six slightly shifted her gaze to look at him. "It was just you sounded like a mouse." Her face fell flat. "I.... should of... kept walking," her voice was low, barley even audible. Mono's expression softened as he looked at the pouting girl. Mono looked to the ground, fiddling with his hands nervously. What if she hates me now! I didn't mean to upset her! Mono was about to apologize when he felt a warm hand land on his. Tilting his head he watched as Six wrapped her fingers around the hand that was closest to her. Her hand was toasty as it held onto Mono's cold hand. His head shot in her direction, a slim smile on her perfect face. "You sound like... a girl... when you scream," she uttered, her smile turning mischievous.

"Oh, okay. I get it pay back. Nice one," Mono muttered, walking in sync with Six. His gaze was still on her small form as they wondered through the dark, coal filled room. Her eyes were facing forwards when she ushered, "No... you really do... sound like... a girl." A deep blush covered Mono's face. Do I? He spun his head to face away from Six, his eyes scanning the dusty floor. He felt the embarrassment sink in. With his free hand her covered his face.

Crunch, crunch, CRUNCH! A sharp stab in his feet snapped Mono from his trance. Pulling his hand away from his face he looked down at his feet. Bones of pure white stood out from the black coal. Ew. Six knelt down and started to brush away some of the black dust. Mono bent down next to her, watching her work. When Six stopped dusting, the two stared at the huge skull infront of them. A rat skull. Between its yellow fangs was a peice of coal, while its cranium was cracked. Next to him Six stood up, but Mono was fascinated. His fingers lightly brushed the smooth surface of the skull. Wonder what happened. Its cracked cranium suggests that its death wasn't natural.

Six nudged Mono with her foot. Mono looked up at her before following her gaze. Oh F- there were dozens. All limp and lifeless. Rats. Their coats soaked with blood and coloured black, each one holding a peice of coal between their buck teeth. Their bodies appeared burnt, with peices of their flesh torn off from other rats. It was a blood bath. Mono got to his feet, his eyes never leaving the rat graveyard. He didn't move an inch when Six hugged his arm, burying her face in his arm. He honestly didn't blame her. The sight was grotesque.