27

Eloise had woken up next to Charlie several times before

Eloise had woken up next to Charlie several times before. On her sofa, more than once after they drifted off to sleep after eating takeaway and talking about everything and nothing. One time she drifted off while they were at the Leaky Cauldron after a particularly long day of work. She'd even slept in his twin size bed at the Burrow.

That time in his childhood room was most similar to this. At the Burrow, however, she'd been curled up next to him due mostly to lack of space. The same could not be said for this morning. In a double bed, there would theoretically be space to spread out.

The extra space seemed unnecessary though, with Eloise pressed up against Charlie like she was. Their legs were tangled together and her head was tucked under his chin, her nose to his chest. One of Charlie's hands was resting gently on her hip, hugging her closer to him.

As Eloise's eyes finally fluttered open, she found herself completely at ease, much to her surprise. Few things in her life had worked out as well as her plan to come to Romania for Charlie's birthday. She drew her head back to look up at the sleeping man, pressing her hands to his bare chest to put enough distance between them that she could see his face.

When her eyes met vibrant blue, she jumped slightly.

"Don't you ever sleep?" she asked him. "Or do you just watch me while I snore?"

"Don't worry, no snoring here," he grinned cheekily.

"Maybe not from me," she laughed. She pushed against his chest again and rolled over so that she was on her back, facing the ceiling. The cozy comforter fell away revealing the oversized Weird Sisters shirt she'd borrowed from him last night. Sighing contentedly, she turned over her memories of the previous night and closed her eyes.

She wasn't sure how long they'd snogged, but eventually they'd decided that stopping and sleeping off the alcohol would be the responsible adult thing to do. They'd snogged a bit more following that sensible conversation, and then finally Charlie had given her a sleep shirt and changed into sweats himself and they'd gone to sleep.

The act of intentionally sharing a bed, which they'd not done before, was somehow reassuring to Eloise. While she knew that Charlie was a wonderful guy that wouldn't try to screw her over, that he was content simply sleeping next to her had made her feel especially safe.

"Breakfast?" Charlie asked her, stretching and stifling a yawn.

"Or we could go back to sleep," she suggested, flopping back onto her side, this time facing away from him. She pulled the comforter up over her head, snuggling deeper into the bed and appreciating the smell of Charlie's woodsy cologne that lingered on the sheets.

"Fine," he laughed, and she felt him throw his arm back over her side and draw her nearer, so that she was once again pressed up against his side, his nose resting in her sleep-mussed hair.