04

Early the next day, Eloise found herself leaving the shop closed and anxiously preparing herself herself to apparate to Hogwarts

Early the next day, Eloise found herself leaving the shop closed and anxiously preparing herself herself to apparate to Hogwarts. It had now been a month since the Battle of Hogwarts, and Minerva McGonagall had decided that Hogwarts had sat in ruins for long enough. The front page of the Daily Prophet had been promoting this date for weeks: the day that Hogwarts would be restored.

It was predicted that thousands of wizards would be showing up to help clean up and rebuild the castle, and Eloise was just one of many that had decided to volunteer.

She apparated just outside the gates of Hogwarts, feeling unsettled, partially due to the unpleasant sensation of apparating and partially because of the emotional day she was about to face. She glanced around, unsurprised at the vast amount of people that had shown up, apparating all around her and flooding up the main walk to the school. The area was filled with the sounds of both joy and sorrow.

Eloise made her way up the path, trying to stay out of the way of those around her. When she reached the top step of the entryway, she was delighted to see her former Head of House, Professor Flitwick.

"Miss Moreau! Delighted to have you back," the man squeaked when he caught sight of her.

"Delighted to be here," she replied kindly, even though delighted isn't really the word she would have chosen.

"If you wouldn't mind heading up to the fourth floor corridor? There's a wall that's been brought down and I know that you're excellent with charms."

She nodded, waving a quick goodbye and heading in the direction of the staircase. She was excited to see that the cleanup process had already begun, the stairs had been repaired and her journey to the fourth floor hadn't been slowed by the damage. When she reached the area Flitwick had spoken of, she found a tall brunette yelling the incantation of the mending charm in a very frustrated manner.

"Reparo!" she shouted, stomping her foot when the pile of rubble didn't move an inch.

"Hello, could I help you with that?" Eloise asked quietly, grabbing her wand from the pocket of her robes.

The girl stepped back, placing her hands on her hips and frowning crossly. "If you can, that would be lovely. Dear old Flitwick asked me to get this, but I'm not sure why. I'm rubbish at mending charms."

"Maybe that's why he sent me," she offered, waving her wand and silently casting the charm. The massive bricks rose and shifted back into place, sending dust and dirt flying, as well as uncovering a collection of empty paintings in broken frames.

"Thank Merlin," the girl laughed. "And you, I suppose. I'm Keira Jones."

"I'm Eloise Moreau," she introduced herself, extending a hand for the girl to shake.

"Hey! I know you!" the girl exclaimed, pointing a finger at Eloise excitedly. "You work at Ollivanders!"

Eloise just nodded, using a cleaning charm to sweep up the dust and rubble left from the wall being reconstructed.