26 - plotting

Chapter 26
Pʟᴏᴛᴛɪɴɢ

"Okay," Stefan interrupted their banter

"Okay," Stefan interrupted their banter. "Just tell me about Rebekah's hunter."

Klaus brought his gaze to him, "Alexander. Nice chap, forgoing the obvious issues. He was looking for creatures of the night, which is why we felt quite safe around him wearing our daylight rings."

"So that's what this is about, a weapon?" Stefan questioned.

Rebekah shook her head, "Not just any weapon."

"Rebekah, love, don't get ahead of the story," Klaus chided.

Stefan gave a frustrated sigh, "Why don't we get straight to the point? Skip the theatrics."

"No, because we need the tattoo and it seems to have disappeared. A map. Leading us to its treasure."

"But we can't see it," Nora said.

Klaus nodded. "We can't, but someone else can." He turned to the compelled lady, "Why don't you tell the hybrid to bring him in?"

In walked a hybrid with Jeremy.

"Little Gilbert!" Nora said with mock enthusiasm.

Stefan immediately got out of his chair, attempting to speed toward the boy but Klaus was faster. "I wouldn't," Klaus warned. "Lucky for us, young Jeremy here is a bit of an artist."

A repulsed look came across said artist's face, "I'm not helping you with anything."

Klaus gripped his hand, removing his protective ring with a sly grin, "I'm afraid you are."

Stefan watched as Jeremy was led from the room, and reluctantly sat back down. "So tell me more about this tattoo."

Klaus sat as well, "My sister's suitor was unwilling to tell us anything. Rebekah, however, was more than willing to... investigate. Isn't that right?"

Klaus continued as if he didn't see Rebekah's glare.

"My sister's boyfriend threw a slumber party that night. He and his brothers put us all down in our sleep. Elijah, Finn, Kol, and me."

"How was I supposed to know," Rebekah defended.

Klaus rolled his eyes, "Cheers. To my sister's uncanny ability to choose men."

Nora knew that glint in his eye, "You're being dramatic again. The daggers don't even work you."

Klaus smiled at her.