Chapter 8

Emira's POV

"Thanks for the help, Sweetheart," Mom tiredly smiled as she wiped her hands on the dishcloth" I think I'm going to turn in early. Today was a long and exhausting day."

"Its okay, Mom. I'll be in my room." I reassuringly smiled before I leaned over and pressed a kiss onto her plump cheek. I guess that's where I got mine.

I am basically the splitting image of my mom. I have her slightly curvy but short frame. Her plump cheeks, full, plump lips and chocolate brown eyes. The only thing I inherited from my dad is his fluffy, short, African, black hair and light brown skin tone. I guess you could say I'm a slightly darker version of my mother.

"Okay, goodnight Sweetie and you better sleep instead of watching those movies of yours the whole night." She chastised with a knowing look as she quirked her eyebrow accusingly.

"I won't," I giggled," Goodnight."

I turned around and made my way out of the kitchen and down the brightly lit hallway. I got into my quiet, dark room before turning on the light that immediately filled my room with its glory. I turned around to face my bed, just to have my heart start racing along my breathing that spiked up in shock and had my clutching my chest to try and sooth my racing heart that raced in both shock and something else.

"Good evening...Darling." Nicholas said, the endearment coming out of his mouth in such a taunting and silky way that it had my heart swooning.

"Nicholas?" I asked even as I stared at him in all his royal glory. His well-built stature and outfit seemed like a huge contrast in my small bedroom.

He was leaning against my wall with side with his arms firmly crossed against his burly chest with his legs also crossed. The tight, white, button down shirt left nothing to the imagine as it tightly clung to his muscular upper body as if it were apart of his body. It showed every muscle from his muscular arms to his muscular chest and stomach. The first two buttons of his shirt were teasingly unbuttoned giving us a small peak of his smooth, tanned, porcelain skin.

"Staring is regarded as rude, Darling especially now that it seems as if you wish to pounce on me." He said with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" I found myself exclaiming in embarrassment," What are you doing here? Actually, what are you doing in my room?" I asked, folding my arms against my chest with a glare instead of showing the embarrassment I am actually feeling.

"It is not regarded as a crime for a concerned soulmate to throw their runaway soulmate a visit, Darling." He calmly responded the endearment leaving his lips in such an effortless way that it melted my bones into jelly.

"That does not explain why you are in my room, you know?"  I raised my eyebrow to emphasize my point. 

"Well, if you could kindly explain your rushed departure that would be very much appreciated, Emira." He tauntingly said my name as his sapphire coloured orbs shone a darker shade as they hardened, allowing the barely hidden underlying frustration to show," You know, I have been waiting for my soulmate for years and finally I find her, but do you know what she does?" He asked as he moved away from the wall, his eyes connecting intimidatingly with mine as he stalked towards me, with the stealth and grace of a predator, taking my breath away for a second as I stared at him in awe.

Before I knew it, he was stood towering over me his frown pasted firmly on his lips. 

His hand moved from his side, my eyes remained transfixed to it as I followed it to my chin. My breath instantly hitched as it touched my chin, a finger slightly caressing my bottom lip teasingly. He gently pushed my chin up, making my lips connect bringing me to the embarrassing realisation that my mouth had dropped open during my little starring fest. I instantly pressed them against each other to secure them.