Twenty-two

The two after the last memory were not having fun. 'Nuff said.

...I'll go a little into detail.

Basically, they were reminiscing about that time, which as we've seen, isn't the best. Canada was pretty peeved about how they had to see that again, but also just sad as well, for the same reasons. America, on the other hand, was kinda like how he was in the memory, just not as badly.

It was quiet for a few minutes, as Matthew looked over at Alfred, and sighed quietly. "Al?" He asked quietly, shaking him a bit. Said American looked up slightly with a hum, though seemed far away. Canada let out another sigh, this time deeper, and stood up, picking up America, who's reaction was small. He just leaned on him with a barely audible hum, and closed his eyes. Canada just rolled his eyes a bit, and started walking to the rest-house-thing.

When they got there, Canada went to the bedroom and set the, seemingly asleep, southerner down, who just curled up on the bed. Matthew smiled slightly at him, before leaving to get some food. To say he was expecting a person to be there would be a lie.

But, yep, there was a person, a girl by the looks of it. She had her back facing him, and he was a bit taken back. "Uhm.... Hello..?" He asked cautiously, really not knowing what to expect. The woman turned around and he wasn't expecting to be met by who he was as well. Lots of surprises for him. "Ah, hello Chaska."

Canada was surprised, to say the least. So much so he went quiet, but I guess that was to be expected. The woman stood and walked over to him with a small smile. "You've grown. And, by the way, how's Maska doing?" She asked, snapping Canada out of his daze. "Mama?" He asked quietly, and the woman's smile grew slightly. "I would've been sad if you had forgotten." She says with a small chuckle, as Matthew nodded slightly, and looked to the side a bit. "It would be hard to..." He mumbled, and the woman, Native, sighed and looked down, before going back to her chair. "I know there's something on your mind Chaska. And I might have an idea to what it is." She stated, and Canada rose an eyebrow. "Yeah..? Why?" Native gave him a face. "Well, there's no one here and I know for a fact you won't talk to Maska. I don't want you to bottle up, or what you've been doing for centuries. So, that's why I'm here, even though I'm probably not the best person right now." She said, ending with a sad-ish tone, and looked down at the table.

Canada sighed, and rolled his eyes slightly. "Mama, I don't need a therapy session." He said, and Native laughed quietly. "Correction, all of you nations do." Canada huffed, and squinted at her. "Anyways, I just want to get the stuff that is on your mind, off of it. This isn't therapy, but something everyone needs to do a bit more. It's called talking about how you feel, Chaska. It's what you want Maska to do more, but won't do it yourself. That's a bit hypocritical, isn't it?" Canada sighed, feeling extremely called out. "Okay, fine, you caught me." He said, and she turned back to him with a smirk. "I know. Come, sit down." He did so, and Native looked forward and down, losing her smile.

She stayed quiet for a minute, thinking about what she needed to say. "Well, what's on your mind?" Matthew sighed, staying quiet for a while before shrugging. "Uh... A lot I guess.. But nothing too important." Native frowned at that, and shook her head. "That's not true. Would you want Maska to be saying that?" Canada shook his head, getting bad memories. "Not again.. no.. But really, just concerns on all of this." Native brightened up at that slightly. "Now, that isn't non-important, it's reasonable. If anyone else were to be here, they would be in the same spot as you." Matthew just nodded, and sighed silently. "Anything else?" She asked, and Canada paused before answering. "Well... I just kinda wonder how everyone will be effected by this. Like, will the others feel guilty or not? And, I'm kinda worried for Al, since I know he won't be taking everything all too well..." Native let out a small breath and closed her eyes slightly. "I hope that, later at least, they will be feeling somewhat guilty. And, Maska.... I'm sure he'll be alright." Canada sighed deeply, and put his head in his hand. "I hope.."