Abridged Chapter 29 - Beating the Odds

I've posted another book, Trusting the Babysitter - Adults Only Scenes, which contains alternate versions of chapters 27-29. It will be rated mature. If you're over 18, you can look in that book to see a little more detail about what happened between the adults. If not, I hope that this cut-down version will let you know enough that you can understand what's going on later in the story.

It's not really an essential scene, so you shouldn't feel like you're missing out. But there are things you could use St Jeremy's Root for that Lorelei surely isn't old enough to even think about. Don't worry, this book will contain the full version of the story again before she wakes from her nap.

Adam took a deep breath, and tried to think back over what had just happened. It was hard to believe how helpless he had been when Claudia told him what to do. But what was even more confusing, to him at least, was the fact that somehow he didn't mind. It had been just a game, but at the same time it had been a very important moment. He had no idea how he really felt, and it would probably take him days to come to terms with all the conflicting emotions writhing in his mind, but he could at least be certain that Claudia felt the same.

Forgiven me for getting you naked yet?" she asked with a smirk on her face.

"Uh-huh," he answered, and looked down. Somehow, most of his embarrassment had evaporated already, and he'd barely realised that he hadn't dressed yet. "I uhh... thanks. I should find some clothes, I think. I didn't know... I mean, I never imagined you'd want to... why did you..."

"You told me to strip. I took a guess at what you were thinking, and the bits you didn't dare say. You know, you'd be a lot cuter if you weren't so self-conscious. And it felt good having someone obey me after today. So we can both have a little smile. Maybe makes me wonder if I can find some of that root for myself, test out what else I could make you do."

"Someday when we're not babysitting," Adam said firmly. "When we won't be interrupted by the little sister from hell."

"When she's not trying to be the big sister, you mean? Like, that would be so much more fun if she hadn't commanded me to wear diapers."

Adam stared again, and realised he'd completely forgotten. He'd been meaning to tell her to take that off before, but her own ideas had been interesting enough to take his mind away from everything else. That was the first thing to do, then. A step towards resolving all the practical matters before Lorelei woke from her impromptu nap.