Team Picks

Yvonne's Pick: Wolves of God by ArchivistColumba 

Blurb: "They don't burn witches in America anymore, but the witch hunters can still hurt us."

Mary heard those words from her father, as he had from his mother, and as Mary would go on to tell her own daughter.

But such warnings mean nothing to children who have not yet seen what evil lurks in the hearts of men.

Mary's mistakes as a child showed her the monsters lurking behind the smiles of her neighbors, and now she fears her daughter may be following in her footsteps.

Why Recommended: An excellent interpretation of one of this year's ONC prompts! ArchivistColumba is an excellent writer and story weaver. This novella is no exception. She has created numerous stories in this world, told from Mary's daughter Erin's POV that compliment this novella well. I highly recommend checking them out!

https://www.wattpad.com/story/258080593-wolves-of-god-open-novella-contest-iv-2021

Sky's Pick: lionobsession's Logline Laboratory by lionobsession 

Blurb: Welcome to my Logline Laboratory! This is the place for anyone who:

a) wants to discover what a logline is

b) wants to create a logline

c) wants to improve a logline

d) wants to gain advice on a logline

e) wants to read example loglines

f) wants to discover new stories by reading loglines

If you identify with one of the above (or maybe more), then this is the laboratory for you. Inside, you'll find general information on what a logline is and why it is important to have one, plus a form for you to fill in if you wish to workshop a logline. There is also a collection of loglines from Wattpad stories ready to capture your interest.

Please enter the logline laboratory and let's begin the workshop process!

Why Recommended: The Watty's are coming up fast! One of the form requirements is a logline and let's be honest, it's hard to summarize a 50k(+) novel in 1-2 sentences. That's why I recommend taking a peek at this book which was created by a Wattpad Star! This book gives really good information on what a logline is and the importance of them. Not only that, there are examples for just about every genre! So, take a gander and see if you're able to create a kickass logline.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/229238504-lionobsession%27s-logline-laboratory

com/story/229238504-lionobsession%27s-logline-laboratory