chapter thirty five.

Claudia let go of Ben's hand. She sat up on the ground bringing her feet down to the ground. She stretched them since she had them up on the swing for some time. Ben looked up at her.

"Can I ask you something?" Claudia sighed. "Technically i already did, but you get the point."

Ben nodded. "Go ahead, Claudia."

"Okay, well, I don't know if it's just me, but we somehow always end up seeing each other one way or another. I mean you work for my mom's boyfriend! That's . . . not weird, but strange. Not in a mean way, but think about it," Claudia explained. "i never believed people when they say it's a small world. I never run into celebrities and here I am with an attractive man who is going to play a Marvel character!"

Claudia gasped when she realized what she said so she slapped her hands over her mouth. It was times like these where she wished she was invisible.

Ben laughed at her sudden actions. "Attractive, huh?"

Claudia took her hands from her mouth. She could feel Ben's stare, which made her feel nervous. One minute she was enjoying the stars with him the next, she wishes she was in her room far away from him so she couldn't embarrass herself more. "Please ignore anything that comes out of my mouth for the rest of the night." Claudia groaned.

"Can't do it. I love your voice," Ben grabbed the blanket that had slid off of them when Claudia sat up and wrapped it around her shoulders. "you're a cool person, Claudia, I like you."

Hearing him say those words made Claudia's heart beat faster. Cliché, but it was true.

"You're even cooler than me, Ben. Marvel character, wow. You must be so proud of yourself. Well, anything Marvel related is definitely something to be proud of."

"I am," he smiled.

"One of my kids is Marvel obsessed. He was the one to tell me about . . . Billy Russo and The Punisher actually." She chuckled.

"Oh really?"

Claudia nodded. "His name is Michael. He's a great kid, amazing grades, even though he's a slight procrastinator. He told me he would bring some comic books for me to read."

"Good. I'll come by with my own comics to meet this great student of yours."

"What?"

"Yeah, I could meet Michael and maybe even more of your kids you always talk about." Ben grinned.

"I don't know, I really want them to focus on their work since final exams are coming up. I don't want them to get distracted, but then again they deserve a break from school. I get it, it's stressful. I just want my kids to succeed." Claudia played with her ring to clam down her rambling.

"I'm sure they will. They do have you as a teacher after all." Ben smirked. He could see Claudia's lips turn into a smile, which she tried her best to hide, but he could tell she was starting to blush.

"Okay. You can come by for a quick visit. But I'll text you when so it doesn't interfere with the kids' reviewing." Claudia pointed a finger at him. She couldn't contain her laughter anymore.
She laughed when Ben stared at her with a serious face.

Ben lowered her finger and nodded. "Okay, visitation hours only when you say it's okay."

"Good." Claudia nodded.

"Great." Ben replied.

"Are we going to do the thing where we just say synonyms to one up each other?" Claudia questioned holding onto the blanket over her shoulders.

"I don't know, do you want to?"

"Nah, wanna go back to my house for ice cream and juice boxes?"

An: hi cute bitches 😏 sorry for not updating like i used to. i got a job so that means less updates, but since i have sunday and monday off, I'll definitely update on those days.

and also guess what??

IT'S MAY 4TH WHICH MEANS IT'S STAR WARS DAY BUT ALSO

CLAUDIA'S BIRTHDAY

lol happy birthday to my oc who is such a simp for ben but she doesn't know it

i'll update again in the morning bc it's currently 12:11 am in texas and i'm hoping the tornado warnings stop bc that shit is getting so old ughhhh