chapter ninety eight.

"Okay, doctors freak me out. The smell of their office? Ugh."

Janis couldn't sit still for even a second. She kept bouncing her knee or getting up from her seat and start pacing while Lara tried to get her to calm down. It wasn't easy since she was about to receive life changing news. The Donovan woman didn't know how she was going to tell Claudia about the news. Maybe it wasn't that serious, she kept telling herself. Maybe it would go away or it already did. But she knew it didn't work like that, there wasn't any cure for her.

"Janis, it's going to be okay, I'm here." Lara grabbed the shaking woman's hand.

"Easy for you to say, you're not the one getting lost in your own house," Janis scoffed. She then realized all Lara was trying to do was help so she quickly apologized. "I'm nervous, scared, confused. I don't know how I'm going to tell Claudia."

"Claudia will understand. She's an adult and adults have to deal with these types of things."

"I know, I just didn't want her to be the one dealing with this. She's happy, more happy than I've ever seen her, Lara, she can finally have a life she wants with a man that loves her more than anything. I don't want her to miss out on that because she has to take care of her sick mom. She's already been through enough." Janis slumped back in her chair.

"Janis Donovan?" She heard a nurse call her.

"This is where things could either go really bad or fucking worse. I should've stayed home and watched cartoons, this is stressing me out." Janis tried to leave, but Lara grabbed her wrist and dragged her to the doctor's office, "i hate you I hate you I hate you. . ." She kept repeating as Lara guided her to the office.

"I'll hold your hand," Lara offered.

"The fuck do I look like? Two years old?" Janis scoffed.

"Then let's go in and hear what the doctor has to say."

And holy shit did the doctor had something to say. Janis couldn't quite register every detail she was told, but Lara listened. The older woman had zoned out the second she was told about her condition. Maybe it was how scared she was or the thought of having to tell her daughter that she was losing her memory that made her zone out.

Janis never thought she would get to the stage in her life where she would forget, she thought she would skip that stage and just eventually pass from old age. But here she was, in front of a doctor who was telling her she needed treatment for her alzheimers.

Then she started thinking about Claudia. She feared that one day she would forget her own daughter and all the fun, sad, happy moment they had together.

"Claudia. . . Is she okay?" Janis asked her friend as she grabbed Lara's hand.

"What?"

"Claudia, she hasn't called. I haven't seen her in days." Janis turned to look at her friend.

"Claudia's okay, she's with Ben." Lara replied.

"Ben? Her boyfriend, oh yeah how is he?"

An: double update? nah triple update because I'm built different 💯😈❗

me: i love you so

janis donovan: please let me go

yes, i created janis the way she is because i have mommy issues so what 💃🤪😩💯🥵😐✌🏼😗😈❗😡😡😡