chapter eighty one.

"Okay, I'm finally going to do it."

Ben looked up from his script. He was sitting on Claudia's chair as she stopped her pacing. She was finally going to tell Janis about meeting Ben's parents in London. It could either go bad or good, there was no telling with Janis.

"I'm going to go to her and just come out with it! Yeah, and then we'll be on our way to London, meet your parents and then we can find out secrets about the royal family!" Claudia said confidently.

"Okay, well good luck with the royal family, but as for Janis-" Ben tried to speak, but Claudia interrupted.

"Ben, please, I'll do it. She's my mom and I'm sure she'll be happy that you and I are being serious about us. She'll probably fly your parents out at one point." Claudia explained.

Before Ben could have the chance to speak, Claudia walked out of her room and made her way to the kitchen where Janis was cooking dinner, while Edward set up the table with the help of Layna.

"Hey, teach!" Edward called out as soon as he saw Claudia. "Where's your other half? By the way, you can't keep him locked inside your room forever, I need him to work."

"Ha ha, very funny, Eduardo. He'll probably run away before she gets the chance to tie him up," Janis joked. She put on her over mitts and took out her pizza that she had made, "what's up, off brand version of Miss Honey?"

Claudia ignored the nickname. "I'm going to London with Ben. I'm meeting his parents so I'll be gone for days, maybe weeks." She stated.

Janis nodded. "Okay."

Claudia cleared her throat. "Let me rephrase that, I won't be here so I won't be able to help you throw golf balls at the shitty neighborhood kids that want to egg the house."

"That happens?" Edward asked, placing the last plate on the table.

"Not anymore," Janis said to him then turned her attention back to Claudia. "because i took care of it."

Claudia gasped lowly. "Oh god, you didn't kill anyone, did you? I don't have that kind of cash for a great lawyer! What if bail is millions of dollars? I'm a high school teacher! I don't exactly have money to go on vacation every single week let alone bail my mother out for murder!"

"But you're going to London?" Janis scoffed, "might i add with a famous young actor who probably makes more than both of us combined? Sugar daddy much." She playfully rolled her eyes and walked to the dinner table with her pizza and a cutting board in her hands. She placed the cutting board on the table then the hot pan with the pizza on top, "eat up, bitches! my sweet Layna, here's your food."

"Thanks, Janis." Layna smiled sweetly and sat beside her dad and served herself a slice.

"I'm saying I won't be here so don't get into too much trouble, ma." Claudia said, following Janis to her bedroom that was a mess, but Janis still liked it.

"Trouble seems to find me everywhere," Janis laughed, winking at her daughter.

"I'm serious! Please don't fight the first cop you see or a PTA mom." Claudia pleaded.

Janis gave in. "Alright, fine! If that's what you want and if it'll make you worry less while you meet your in-laws with your famous rich boyfriend that can use his money to bail me out."

Suddenly, Ben walked by the room with a smile. "For sure, just give me a call."

Janis sent Ben an air kiss. "Oh, man. Sometimes I like him better than you," she poked Claudia's side. "I'm only joking my demon spawn, i love you more than anything in the universe."

"Impossible, I love you more than anything in the multiverse." Claudia replied.

"Shut the fuck up and accept my love for you."

An: got diagnosed with cool girl syndrome 😩😤 jk i have vitamin d deficiency 😐 now i take pills every saturday