Chapter 7

Mei's POV:

I was asleep in my top bunk bed. I was a light sleeper and I woke up when I heard shuffling underneath me. I rolled onto my side facing the other bunks in the room. The shuffling grew louder and then suddenly stopped. I saw a dark figure leave the room. I raised a brow and hopped down noticing Jasmine was not in her bed. I grew worried and grabbed my hoodie and walked out after her. I searched for a while and eventually made my way to the front door of the school I lived in. I opened the doors peeking my head out. I saw Jasmine sitting there smoking a cigarette. I gasped and she must've heard me because her ears shot up.
She looked at me her eyes puffy from crying it looked like. I frowned when I saw her tired, sad looking face. "Jasmine...?" I asked as she just looked back at me. I looked at the cigarette in between her fingers. My eyes widened a little. I didn't know she smoked. "That's bad for you..." Was all I could manage to say as I pointed at her cigarette. Jasmine glanced at the cigarette then back at me. She frowned "I know..." She muttered looking away from me.
I frowned more and sat beside her. "Hey...look at me," I pleaded with her putting my hand over hers. She sighed and looked at me with a look of shame and guilt on her face. "Why...why do you smoke...?" I asked her feeling it was a dumb question. She looked down taking another puff of her cigarette. "I...I used to do it back in middle school to...try and take my mind off all the... bullying..." She muttered the last word but I still heard it. I felt my eyes widen a little "y-you were bullied...?" I asked shakily. Jasmine nodded taking another puff of her cigarette. "I was all throughout elementary and middle school...cuz I was...different...y'know the whole being a hybrid thing made it difficult to fit in...with humans and even faunus...even my mother's kind..." Jasmine explained looking down at her feet kicking at a few small stones. "Both my parents did what they could to help in anyway they could but...I have four other siblings who are all younger then me...they were busy with either their jobs or my siblings..." Jasmine continued in a low tone.
"I'm not angry at them at all don't get me wrong they are amazing parents and I love them and my siblings but...I just felt that...I didn't belong..." she muttered each of her words making my heart hurt. "I didn't fit in with my mom's kind which were faunus...and I didn't even fit in with my mother's kind...which were werewolves..." Jasmine muttered with a sigh. "I've spent most of my life alone except for my siblings and well...you guys," Jasmine admitted with a blush. I smiled a little and placed her hand on top of Jasmine's. "And you'll never be alone again jazzy cuz now you have us...you have me," I muttered the last part with a blush. Jasmine smiled at my words and kissed my cheek "thanks Mei you're really good at making me feel better," Jasmine thanked me. I smiled like a dork "no problem jazzy!" I grinned and kissed her cheek back.
I saw Jasmine's cheek flush red as she tossed her cigarette down and put it out. I frowned as I looked at her cigarette. "Hey Jasmine...?" I called catching her attention. She looked at me humming in acknowledgement. "Can you promise me you'll stop smoking...? Please...for me...?" I begged with a pleading look. She looked at me with slight surprise.
She sighed "I'll try...." Jasmine answered with a little smile. I smiled back and hugged her "thank you b-babe," I muttered my last word wondering how she would react to the new nickname. She hugged me tighter "n-no problem ba-babe," Jasmine replied pecking my lips as she pulled back.
I blushed harder and twiddled my thumbs out of habit. Jasmine smiled and held my hand "let's go back to bed," Jasmine offered grinning.
I took her hand grinning back while nodding.

We made it back and I suddenly really didn't wanna sleep alone. I looked at Jasmine as she sat in her her taking off her slippers.
I cleared my throat quietly to not wake my sleeping cousins. "H-hey um J-Jasmine is it o-ok if I-I sleep w-with y-you to-tonight I-I don't w-wanna be a-alone" I stuttered feeling stupid from my stutter and how nervous I was being. I saw Jasmine's cheeks light up being visible even in the dark room. "S-sure n-no problem," she stuttered as well making me feel a little better. I smiled and sat next to her feeling my heart pound in my chest. We both laid down and I scooted a little bit closer my heart pounding even more. Her arm wrapped around me completely.
"Damn why does she have to be do tall and why do I have to be do small!?" I squealed in my head as I heard her purr. "You're warm," she suddenly said which only made my already red cheeks go into overdrive.
I buried my face in the crook of her neck out of embarrassment. She chuckled and stroked my hair which was new but I enjoyed it alot.
I closed my eyes as my eyelids became heavy. "I love you Jasmine," I suddenly said feeling myself grin. Even though I couldn't see her face I knew she was smiling. "Love ya too snowflake," Jasmine replied giggling. I groaned at the nickname "oh shuddap puppy bird," I shot back sticking my tongue out. She giggled "you love meeeeee," she flirted making my heart sore. "I do but if you don't want to sleep on the couch I suggest you stop." I threatened using the serious look mom had taught me. Mom had always used this face on ma which always intimidated her and kept her out of the cookie jar. Jasmine gulped "o-ok," she replied with a nervous chuckle. I kissed her forehead and pulled the blanket up.
Jasmine smiled and closed her eyes "sleep now," she ordered in a sleepy tone. I chuckled "of course puppy bird," I replied and closed my eyes cuddling into her arms.
I fell asleep slowly after she did.

"This is the best feeling I've ever had..."