9| Heart To Heart

In the cold white walls of the hospital, Jesse was seen standing by a door while biting his nails

In the cold white walls of the hospital, Jesse was seen standing by a door while biting his nails. His hands were shaking from all the crazy things he lived through in the past twelve hours.

He looked awful. One bandaged arm supported by a slinger around his neck. A band-aid across his nose. Cuts and scrapes on his chest. Minor swelling and red bruising under his glistening eyes.

Fast-approaching footsteps drew Jesse's attention towards the hallway.

"Gray."

Jesse jolted up, grieving eyes twinkling with gratitude.

His tan friend came wearing light blue sweatpants and a hoodie. Strip bandages covered multiple cuts on his hands, face, and neck.

"Hey," said Gray, breathlessly. "I came as soon as you called."

Once they were two feet apart, Jesse burst into tears. He suddenly flung his arms around Gray embracing him with a tight grip, slightly pushing him back.

Gray stayed stiff for a moment, hands raised as he was caught off guard. Once he realized that Jesse had just hugged him, his cheeks turned into an adorable shade of red against his bronzed skin.

With a hint of a smile, Gray clasped his arms around Jesse.

Being so close to Jesse to breathe in the irresistible scent of his hair. Touching his smooth back with his bare hands. Feeling his soft skin on his face. Being his go-to place of comfort. Absorbing his pain. Feeling his heartbeats against his own heart. Gray learned to cherish these special moments, the ones that made his heart dance inside his chest.

Still, Gray craved more love, fighting the urge to kiss Jesse, squeeze him, keep him to himself and never let go, but he couldn't do that to him. He didn't know if Jesse will ever feel this way about him. He prayed that one day he will.

Gray pressed Jesse gently toward his heart and whispered something that made him cry more.

"Don't worry. She's gonna be fine."

He gave Jesse a shoulder to cry on like he always had all these years. He was the best friend anyone could ever hope for, always there, especially when Jesse needed him the most. Never bailing. Never unavailable.

Once Jesse loosened his hold, Gray slowly let go.

Jesse quickly wiped his tears while focusing on anything and anyone but Gray.

Gray sensed Jesse's pain as if it was his own. Seeing him in a sad and vulnerable condition was bad enough, but what broke his heart was that Jesse was holding back this time. It was a grownup thing. Everyone was bound to grow up and change, but Gray didn't want Jesse to change. He wanted him to always share his feelings with him, and not be embarrassed to show them in front of him.