13| Full Moon Rising

Gray paced back and forth non-stop

Gray paced back and forth non-stop. He felt the need to keep moving. The endless moving eased the pressure that coursed through his veins. The endless moving felt therapeutic, healing. The endless moving worked like a coping mechanism, to cope with the position he was forced into—bringing Jesse inside the house.

How could he do that when the wolf part of him wouldn't let him come near Jesse? When it howled inside his head, pushing him to face his deepest desires. When it raised his body temperature, sending feverish tingles through his entire being.

Gray stopped dead in his track.

The sun was absent. The sky split in half—a thin orange horizon under a dark blue ceiling. Shining dots decorated the atmosphere at dusk time. Only one thing missing—the moon.

Time was not on his side.

Gray peered at the kitchen through the glass walls when the lights switched on. He took the smartphone from his pocket and held it before his face. The screen unlocked, verifying his gentle human features. Something that it wouldn't be able to do a few minutes later.

Gray called the only person he trusted with everything. The very person who forced him into this situation in the first place. Brad.

"Sup?" Brad answered while chewing on something.

"I can't do it. I'm freakishly on edge here, man." The desperation in Gray made him sound like a whining puppy. "You gotta help me."

"Nope."

"Come on, Brad." Gray rubbed his temples where a throbbing vein appeared. "It's the first night of the full moon, and you know how it makes my senses super weird."

"What's the worse thing that can happen?" Brad slurped.

"I'm... I'm afraid that." Gray lowered his head and whispered, "I might kiss him."

Brad choked on his drink and started coughing. He breathed for a second then choked again with amusement laced into his cough.

"Are you laughing?" Gray's shoulders sloped down.

Brad's coughs got louder until they turned into laughs.

"Alright. Stop it." Gray's cheeks were as red as a tomato. "Stop it, now."

"Oh, bless your innocent little heart," Brad managed to finally speak. "That's what's been bugging ya? I thought you were afraid you're gonna bang him."

"No! Of course not." Gray grimaced. "I'm not an animal."

"Ahm," Brad talked with his mouth full of food. "You're literally half an animal."

"I-I am half an animal," Gray quickly admitted, his silver gaze closing in shame.

"Anyway. Hurry up and get him inside."