Chapter 6- The Truth

Violet's point of view-

Recap: 

I looked at William furiously blinking away the tears and taking a couple deep breaths, locking eyes with grey ones that held, regret, anger, confusion, lust, admiration and love....

Am I ready to sacrifice my one chance at true love and happiness for the survival of my kind?

****

I guess life chose for me since in that instant I felt the burn in my eyes as they went white and a vision clouded my mind.

"You should have told me!" William shouted.

"You don't understand!" I cried.

"Don't understand? I understand perfectly that my mate was in danger and she didn't trust me enough to protect her!" he roared.

"I couldn't put you in danger," I sobbed as I tried to touch him but he wouldn't let me and it brought me and my wolf so much pain.

"Don't, you betrayed me by not trusting me enough to tell me this when we first met! Our relationship is practically a lie! I don't know who you really are! I don't know you..." he mumbled as he walked away, I tried to pull him back but he just shrugged me off.

When the front door slammed shut I fell to the floor and cried and screamed as I looked at the pregnancy test.

I wanted to give him this good news; I knew the timing was inaccurate with the war happening soon, but I don't know...

I thought and thought  for hours of what happened; just yesterday we were so happy.  Who could have told him?

This is all my fault, I should have told him, I held off the explanation for so long and not only did I end up hurting him, but myself as well.

I couldn't stop crying and I felt something in my stomach, I knew I should have but the pain in my chest of William mating with someone else wouldn't let me...... No, no, no.... I soon let myself fall into the darkness that was creeping up on me.

When I woke up I was in a white room with a lot of wires hooked up to me. I looked over and saw William holding my hand while sleeping. The memories of what he did came back and I felt the heart monitor speed up, I snatched my hand away and that woke him up, I crossed my arms over my chest and looked to the door waiting for someone to come in.

"Kitten," William whispered like he was waking up, the nick name brought no happiness in me, no pleasure, nothing.

I heard him gasp before my face was pulled towards him, he had tears in his eyes, but that brought no sympathy to me. H-He mated w-with s-someone else, tears blurred my vision, his eyes filled with pain. I took my face out of his hands and looked over to the pack doctor who had just entered.

"Luna," she bowed.

"Why am I here?" I asked.

"Luna, Beta Vincent found you, he brought you straight here and you were out for four days," she explained.

"So when can I leave," I asked.

"Luna, I'm sorry to inform you, but you suffered a miscarriage.....

I drowned her out....miscarriage.......a miscarriage........I lost my baby.....

My hands went to my stomach and I was breathing hard as I looked at Lesley, "How?" I croaked.