𝟹𝟽

I N L O V E

1st person POV

As I am, I watch them a little through the window. But suddenly JJ stands up and comes towards the chateau. I quickly sit down in my bed with my notebook, and then I hear a knock on my door.

"Mia?" I hear from outside. It's JJ.

"Yeah?" I reply.

JJ opens the door. "Can I come in?"

I look at him, standing in my door. What does he want from me now..

"Ready to put me down again?" I ask, annoyed.

"No...can I come in for a minute please?"

"Yeah, go ahead." i sigh.

"oh boy, this is harder than I thought." JJ scratches his head.

"Wow." i mutter.

"Look... I'm sorry. I've been a real asshole the last few days." he mumbles.

"Oh I noticed that. The question is why? What did I do to you, JJ?" I ask, pissed off.

"Nothing. Nothing at all. I'm the problem. I- look, when you were there for me, after the thing with my dad, I- I realized I was starting to like you. Like, really a lot."

I look at him in wonder.

"And I'm not used to that feeling. And to have someone reassure me. So I sought distance as quickly as I could..." he explains.

"But- but then why were you so mean to me?" i ask.

"I don't know." mumbles JJ.

"You told me that you wished we had never fucked and-"

"Yeah but-"

"-and then you also said that you really meant it. Like why-"

"Mia."

"Why would you say that if you actually-"

"Because I'm in love with you, Mia!" JJ looks to me and takes a deep breath.

What did he just say? I look at him, speechless.

"You're what?" I ask.

"Yeah, I-I didn't realize it but I-I just am." JJ looks up at me. "look, Mia, I'm not good at this, I've never had feelings like that or anything like that. But I know you make me happier than anyone ever has."

I can hardly believe what he just said. I know I'm in love with him too, I just know it. But I still have a boyfriend. And I can't get rid of him. I can't do that right now.

"JJ, look, I like you too. And I appreciate you telling me all this, but I-I still have a boyfriend." I stutter.

"Yeah, but you don't love him." he says. "Right?"

"But I'm scared. JJ, I can't just break up with him. No matter what you say now, it won't work," I say, sadly.

"Okay." he says.

Did he just say okay? I was expecting anything but okay.

"Okay?" I question.

"Yeah, okay. I mean first of all, your boyfriend doesn't need to know what's going on behind his back." JJ gives me a quick wink. "And second, I'll convince you soon enough, Mia. I'll fight for you, always."