Chapter 2: If one thing had been different, will everything be different today?

Gulf

We are sitting at the corner of a coffee shop across the HQ of my Fashion Magazine, Bleu.

"How was life? You're starting to make your name here in Thailand." He said as he drank his coffee.

"Kinda tough, but it's fine. I was always fine." I said as I look outside the window 

"Good for you, then." Mew said while I tried to avoid his gaze.

"So, how are you?" I asked.

"Things have settled down. Things were so crazy back then. But when I started to get a hold of things,  business began to run smoothly." He said.

Well based on the pictures, you have really decided to settle down.

"That's great, then. I remember you complaining not being able to rest even on weekends because you have to work or something." I said.

"That's right. But you know me. I know how to balance things." He said, smugging.

What a confident asshole.

"Well, you are right..."

*awkward silence*

"So, Zom huh?" I said as I sipped my coffee. 

What the fuck, Gulf?

Damn, you're stupid.

Anyways, I said it already. No need to pretend I don't know.

"What?" He asked. He looks surprised.

"Oh come on. You don't have to act like that. Mild sent the picture to me. Don't hate him though. You know he likes gossip. I apologize on his behalf, I'm sure he won't do it again." I said as I drank my coffee.

He's just looking at me.

"Don't worry, Mew. We were over 4 years ago. It was an awful breakup but we're adults, right?" I said as I smiled. 

"Oh, by the way. What are we going to talk about?" I asked.

"I just wanted to catch up with you before we start working together. Your next week's magazine will be featuring our new luxury clothing brand. I just don't want our personal issues to interfere with work." Mew said.

"And for the record, I was the one who asked for the break up, but we both know it wasn't my fault alone. So please stop saying it like the whole fallout was because of me." He stated.

And to be honest, I don't have anything to say after that.

Because it's true.

It's my fault. 

And I regret it.

I regret it. Every. Fucking. Day.

~flashback, 5 years ago~

Gulf

I am so busy.

With all these works and projects, not to mention my toxic boss, I AM SWAMPED WITH EVERYTHING .

Now, I'm at our company dinner drinking lightly because I need to go home early. I still have stuff to finish before my modelling gig tomorrow and I need to finish that so I can just rest after.

It was already 12am when I arrived at home and was surprised to see Mew sitting at the sofa without the lights on.

"Baby! What are you doing sitting there in the dark? Why are you here? You should've told me when you'll fly" I asked as I hugged him.

"Really? Gulf? Really?" He looked at me and he looked so disappointed.

"Can you just tell me what got you mad? Mew, please understand. I'm tired and I still need to work tomorrow. I don't have time for guessing games." I said as I walked to my room with him following me.

"Right. You're tired and I'm not? I flew all the way to Thailand to be with you on this day and I can't even have your attention for one full minute?!" He shouted. He was about to say something else when his phone rang.

"Hello? What? Okay, fine. I'll fly back now" He said as he hung up.

"I have to go. Take care while you're at work tomorrow. I have to go back to Thailand." He said.

"Fine." I said.

"Oh and before I go, open that box. I hope you like it… Happy Anniversary. " He said while he looked at me sadly before closing the door.

Shit.

~end of flashback~

"I know. I apologize. But I assure you, you don't have to worry about that. It's all in the past. We grew up and learned a lot of things when we're apart. Well, I have to go now." I said as I got up from my seat.

I pulled up and gave him my peppermint candy.

"I know how you hate coffee breath. So take this."

I was about to go but I remembered something.

"Oh and Mew?"

"Yes?"

"I know I haven't told you this but I'm really sorry. It took me a while but I really wanted to say that I'm sorry for what I said that day. If I could, I would take it back because it hurt you. But I think what happened did good to us. Me being successful and learning the value of love…

And you, achieving your dreams and finding somebody else."

I said as I walked out of the coffee shop.

I love you still, Mew.

I will always long for you. Always.

---

Hello, everyone ✌

Thank you for reading this.

Just like what I said before, this AU will be short.

Maybe 2-3 chapter left.

See you jn the next chapter ✌