Bonus Chapter: Amazon Prime Videos's Panic

Author's Note

In celebration of Amazon Prime Video's newest series Panic, I am thrilled to be teaming up with Amazon Prime Video and Wattpad to write this exclusive chapter that puts my characters from this story into the world of Panic!

I hope this chapter intrigues and inspires you to learn more about Panic. Visit the #PanicWritingContest on Wattpad for the chance to put your creative writing chops to the test and learn more about the show!

To find out more about the contest, prizes, and how to enter, check out the #PanicWritingContest here: wattpad.com/AmazonPrimeVideo

Don't forget to watch the series premiere on May 28th, only on Amazon Prime Video, here: http://primevideo.com/

--

Iris~~

If Spurlock's home was painted in blood, I would be just as scared of it as I am now. The dirty white planks and a buzzing, glowing bug zapper near the backdoor tilted in its frame give the same impression when their owner is Spurlock.

"You're kidding me, right?" Grass brushes my cheek as I look at Colton. We're on our stomachs, tucked along the tree line. We had two choices: the woods or the cornfield. Most chose the latter.

"It's worth a hundred points, and we both have to have at least two-hundred to move onto the next round." He gives me a long look, and he doesn't have to say what he's thinking. His eyes do it for him. I was the one who chose not to jump from Suicide Leap like he did. I'm the one who doesn't already have two-hundred points.

I scratch at my arm where the grass tickles my Mark. Colton and I are the only
ones in Carp with Expiration Dates. He wouldn't die from jumping from the highest ledge, but as I'm Expired and death likes to take every chance it gets at me, I couldn't bring myself to do, instead choosing to go for the High Jump, which earned me only an extra twenty-five points rather than a hundred.

On our stomachs, we inch our way closer to Spurlock's. I strain my ears trying to pick up on any potential threats—any sounds of the other players, but all I hear are crickets, and the wind blowing through the trees. There isn't even the whine of a farm animal, most of which are locked in the barn for the night.

My mouth goes dry at the thought of the barn. At what—

I can't dwell on that. I can't let fear shut me down. For most, winning Panic means getting out of this town or the ability to attend college. For me and Colton, winning Panic's $50,000 is our chance to get to France—the last known whereabouts of Jonas.

When we reach the back of the house, Colton stands, sliding his back up along the rotting wooden planks and stopping alongside a window. The wood frame of which is splintering and has swollen.

The bug zapper illuminates the wall in an electric blue. No light though comes from inside the window.

I move from my stomach into a crouch.

Grasping the window's panels, Colton grits his teeth. I'm sure splinters are biting into his skin, but even so he pushes the window open inch by inch.

We get in, get evidence, and get out. That's the plan at least. To secure our points, we have to electronically send the evidence to Diggins before midnight.

I hold my breath while Colton continues to inch open the window. Spurlock's farm had been rumored to be booby trapped. It's not rumor. We encountered tripwires and ropes waiting to snag us when making our way through the woods.