vii. lost

MEGUMI'S POV

Did they really have to do 'the new kid' introduction every class? These mainstream schools were too invasive. I took a random seat, it was third period and I had learned just about nothing. Well, I didn't really care to 'learn'.

The teacher was some young woman with blond hair. For some reason, it angered me to see how normal everyone was. So oblivious to the dark side of this world... Maybe I was jealous of them. I was watching in real time what learning about this stuff does to someone... With Y/n.

The girl next to me nudged my arm. "You're new right?" I turned, she had a fake tan that didn't seem to match her skin.

"Mm." I nodded, I really wasn't in the mood for small talk.

Her eyes lit up, not sure why. She pointed to a group of girls on the far end of the room who watched us and gossiped to each other.

"My friend thinks you're really hot." She whispered.

I was not expecting that... One eyebrow flew up. I glanced at the girls. "Oh, okay." I said.

The girl frowned, "I'm Nicky by the way. You don't like her?"

I didn't know what else to say. I've never cared that much for girls. Yeah I've had crushes but it's not like I had the time, or the know how, to make them happy.

I scratched the back of my neck. "I... have a girlfriend."

I sucked at lying.

Her eyes widened as the teacher began to start class. Well this was awkward.

"Jack?"

"Here!"

"Ren?"

"Here!"

"Y/n?"

Silence.

"Y/n?" The teacher repeated. Everyone looked around.

"Hm, absent again, unusual for her." She muttered.

I glanced about the room. Y/n was supposed to be here I'm guessing. She was in school. I waited for a couple more minutes to see if she would show up. No sign of her.

Fuck, don't make me have to look for you.

Gojo told me keep an eye out for anything strange with her. It could be Sukuna making contact. I doubted that was the case... But still, I had to find her.

I grabbed my bag and headed for the door.

"Hey. Hey! Excuse me, where are you going?"

I paused when I realized the teacher was talking to me. What did she want?

"Yeah?"

"You can't just walk out of class."

Jeez, do you have to ask to do absolutely anything in these schools? Sounds like jail.

"Um... Can I leave?" I asked. Her eyes nearly bulged out of her head with the way she was so surprised.

"Uh no! You can go to the bathroom and be back in five minutes."

"Okay." And I turned out of the the room. Hope she'd realize I wouldn't be back as long as Y/n decided not to show up to class. Seriously, this girl was always causing trouble for me.

I called Gojo in the hallway.

"What is it? Can't keep tabs on our new girl?" He said through the phone.