Family [Sasuke]

'Peaceful' is what Sakura would describe today as. The clouds are spotty covering the sun just when needed, and the breeze was enough to cool them in the hot weather.

A perfect day to take the family on a picnic, something the medic wishes she had thought of, but no. Her stoic and cold husband was the one instead.

So she packed their favorite foods into a nice towering bento box and made sure Sarada had everything she needed. As for location, that was something Sasuke had said he wanted to pick.

With a joyful yet, peaceful mindset she carried the food while her husband carried their beautiful daughter.

A warm smile spread across her face as she heard the sounds of the village in the background, mixing in with the natural sounds of the trees and subtle trickling of a brook nearby.

With a deep breath in, she could pick out the grassy scents and the smell of an takoyaki stand just around the corner. Along with them came the mixed scents of her husband and daughter who were walking in front of her.

Her smile became more somber as they passed through the gates leading into the old Uchiha compound. What used to be a place of great torture to Sasuke became a place of tranquility, with all the bad blood being laid to peace it was now a place he could bring his own child.

Sakura remained gentle as they were led passed the houses and buildings into a more sacred area. Tombstones of equal sizes could be seen from the being, until finally they reached their destination

At the back of the cemetery stood a monument with the names of the patriarch and his family. With the most recent being that of Uchiha Itachi.

Tears burned in the verdant eyes of the sympathizing wife as her hand gripped the picnic basket harder. It's been a long journey, but Sasuke has come a long way.

With Sarada in on his hip he kneeled in front of the marble. "Sarada, this is your grandparents and one of my most treasured people, your uncle."

Sarada reached a chubby hand out carefully rubbing over the etchings. "Ka-chan, chichiue, nii-san. This is my family. My daughter Uchiha Sarada and my wife Uchiha Sakura."

Sakura came to stand behind his kneeling form, staying strong for the sake of her vulnerable husband.

"Ka-chan, you don't have to worry about me. Sakura makes sure I stay healthy, her cooking has improved a lot thanks to your recipes."

The child's eyes brightened at the thought of her mother's dangos. Sasuke grinned down at Sarada patting her on the head.

"Chichiue, you would be proud of the Uchiha clan. I have a strong family, worthy of the Uchiha name."

The man turned to the woman behind him taking her hand in his pulling her to stand beside him.

"Itachi-nii-san. You don't have to worry either. I've learned to love, and how to let go of my anger. Now I can be there for my family and protect them to my fullest. I-"

Sakura placed a hand on his barely trembling shoulder. Hoping to give Sasuke some semblance of strength.

"I love you, and ka-chan, and tou-chan. I miss you all, but I have my family now. I'll make sure to bring them around more often. Till later."

Sasuke stood up from his kneeling position. Holding Sakura's hand while Sarada held onto his empty sleeve.

"Let's go enjoy our picnic." The male turned to lead his family away, when he felt a warm breeze waft through his hair.

"I'm proud of you, otouto."

More depressing than I meant it to be

More depressing than I meant it to be... sorry!

But

Happy Thanksgiving!

And
We have reached the total amount of votes for the second series of this story.
Love Across Dimensions