Crib [Kakuzu]

Everyone and their grandmother knows that Kakuzu is a, well cheapskate. Quantity over quality, especially if quality cost more.

And that's where he has run into a problem.

Sakura's pregnant, and a baby is not cheap. But it's a family that Kakuzu never thought he could have so, for their child he decided he would be willing to spend a little extra.

And that leads to their current dilemma, Sakura is 36 weeks into the pregnancy just shy of the due date, March 20th.

They have everything they could possibly need thanks to uncle's and godparents that already spoil their child. However the one thing they still need is a crib.

Thankfully Sakura understands his need to spend less and looks at thrift stores, pawn shops, etc.

To which she luckily found two options, one that is metal and painted with lead based paint, something that could potentially poison their baby.

The other a beautiful wood crib, unfortunately incredibly expensive.

"Kakuzu, I will leave the decision up to you however, if our baby is poisoned because of your choice. I will rethink our vows." Sakura knew she was being harsh, but honestly this was a test from her to her husband.

Yes they were this far into being married and this far into pregnancy. But she wanted to know where his heart lies, with their family and their safety or his obsession with money.

Kakuzu groaned leaning back into the coach, both info sheets for the cribs in front of him on the coffee table.

One was deadly but cheap and the other gorgeous, perfect, but insanely expensive.

The thought crossed his mind to ask her captain to make one for them, but a surprising amount of possessiveness surged through him at the idea.

In his pride idled mind, a crib was a important childhood piece. That is honestly the whole reason as to why they've waited this long to get one.

Kakuzu again groaned running a tanned hand down his tired face.

Making mental calculations he came to the conclusion that for his child he would buy the world.

With determined dark green eyes the man marched into their bedroom, greeted with the sight of his lovely wife sitting in the rocking chair they set up.

Sakura was sitting their with some light music playing in the background, reading a book about basic anatomy out loud.

The afternoon sun filtered through clear glass with a light spring breeze whirling around their room.

The pink-haired mother finished the last paragraph before smiling lovingly at him.

Why did he hesitate to make the right decision when he had this view to take up his mind.

"We'll get the wooden one. Better for the baby anyways." His gruff voice overpowered the music as she watched him turn away flustered.

Sakura's megawatt smile partnered with the glow of pregnancy, lit a warm fire in his heart.

He knew then that he had made the right decision.

Not just on the crib, but on spending the rest of his life with this beautiful, woman and their children.