Passion's Fools

Both of them were breathing heavily as the blonde's hand made its slow descent.

Before she lost control of the situation, Lauren roughly grasped the blonde's wrist and pushed it away.

"I won't do that. I love her."

Jasmine lowered her eyes trying to hide her disappointment. She shook her head and stepped around the green eyed. Lauren looked after her, facing the blonde's back.

"I'm sorry." The reporter spoke gently. "I shouldn't have tried to..."

The basketball player exhaled heavily.

"Yes, you shouldn't have. I rather prefer you go tell the media about this, than hurt Camila."

There was an awkward silence in the room for a moment, until Jasmine turned around.

"I won't say anything, Laur. You're right. It's your business. We'll just act like this whole conversation never happened."

Lauren nodded her head, somewhat relieved.

"Thank you."

Jasmine nodded her head and gave a small smile.

Lauren quietly turned around and left the room.

The journalist smiled to herself when the dark haired was out of sight.

I've got you right where I want you.

*   * *

The activity and heavy workload at the Athletic Center today had the young doctor beyond exhausted. Camila slowly trudged up the front steps of the mansion and was greeted by their butler, Alfred.

"Good evening, Lady Camila. How was your day?"

Camila smiled lightly as the older man took her coat and hung it in the closet nearby.

"It was busy, Alfred. I'm really beat."

"May I get you something to drink?"

"No, thanks. I'm fine. Where's Lauren?"

"I believe she's in the game room."

Camila smiled, knowing the game room was Lauren's favorite place to let loose and be a kid again.

"Thanks, Alfred. Goodnight." She said, placing a friendly hand on the butler's arm.

"Goodnight, Miss."

The doctor made her way to the huge game room that was near the back of the house on the first floor. One wall was lined with arcade games then there was air hockey, a pool table and ping pong in the middle of the room. The brunette enjoyed playing around in the room herself. It was an atmosphere where she and Lauren could just be kids again.

Camila poked her head in the room and saw the basketball player setting up a shot over the pool table. She was wearing a white Monarchs shirt with purple letters and tight blue jeans. All that was left on the table was the eight ball, which she easily sank.

"Nice shot." The brunette commented, walking into the room.

Lauren looked up from the table and smiled.

"Hey, babe." She stood from over the pool table and leaned her weight on the cue stick. "How was your day?"

Camila walked in and stood on the opposite side of the pool table.

"Very busy. There are way too many athletes in this city. I'm thinking about moving." She teased.

"Hey, those athletes keep you in business." Lauren smiled, going over to the wall, hanging up her cue stick.