Chapter 43

Lily

The next two weeks were basically torture. For me anyway. Liam and Sam really seemed to enjoy training as much as they were. I had one of them with me at all times, usually Liam, but they were both terrified my wolf would try to shift early and end up killing me.

That's so weird.

My wolf.

She hasn't said anything to me yet, but Liam says that's normal. I can feel her in the back of my mind though, almost like a scratch. I feel her move sometimes, almost like she's pacing, waiting for the right moment to push through.

My strength has increased phenomenally. Even more so than Liam or Sam said it would. Liam jokingly told me to pull a dead tree out of the ground.

And then I did it.

The look on his face?

Priceless.

Liam and Sam have both sparred with me. They take it easy on me, but I've gotten some good punches in on both of them.

And my appetite has been insane. I always wondered how these boys ate as much as they do, but I put away twelve slices of French toast yesterday and still had room for bacon so now I get it.

I got to meet Chloe, Sam's mate, but I didn't get to spend much time with her. She seemed a little nervous or upset so I didn't push her. I can tell Sam is getting frustrated though. She hasn't let him mark her yet which I guess is strange in werewolf society, but she went through a lot as a captive and I told him to be patient with her.

The day of my shift had finally arrived. I woke up to an empty bed which was highly unusual. Liam was definitely the late sleeper of the two of us. I pad down into the living room to see him sitting on the patio drinking coffee.

"Hey, handsome. What are you doing out of my bed?" I tease him. He smiles, but it doesn't reach his eyes.

"Just thinking."

"About what?" I ask.

I had noticed Liam pulling away from me a little. His mood seemed slightly somber, but I knew he was scared of me not surviving my shift. I knew he was pulling away in preparation to lose me.

"I don't want you to die, Lily." He says quietly, unable to look me in the eye.

I walk across the patio to him and slip onto his lap. He wraps his arms around me and rests his chin on my shoulder.

"Give me a little credit, Liam. I'm so much stronger than I was and I have so much to live for." I say quietly.

He pulls me down to him and kisses me fiercely. Demanding my lips move with his, stealing my breath until I'm left gasping.

"You are not allowed to die. You understand me?" Liam says pointedly.

I lean down a little until my lips reach his ear.

"Yes, sir." I whisper and he shivers.

He has refused to make love to me, saying I need every ounce of strength to train and shift so he is hyper sensitive to every bit of teasing I throw his way.

"We are going to make up for the last two weeks starting tomorrow morning." He says lowly into my ear.

"Will you finally tie me up?" I beg. He chuckles and his eyes shine bright with joy and love.

"I'll do whatever you want, love. Just stay with me." He says.

"I will. I promise."

We sit on the patio for awhile longer, just enjoying being in each other's arms. Liam says I need to relax today to have enough energy to shift. He told me it should start at sundown when the moon first comes out and usually lasts two to three hours.