Eight

⊱⋇Y/N POV⋇⊰

I walked into the Avengers' Tower. I was really nervous, and really excited. This is the place I'd wanted to work at for years. I walked over to the receptionist's desk.

"Hello, welcome to Stark Industries," the receptionist said. "How can I help you?"

"My name's Y/n L/n," I said. "I just got a job here."

"Oh, Y/n L/n," the receptionist said. "Hold on just a second and we'll get someone to show you around."

She smiled at me and I smiled back. She started calling someone and I looked around the lobby. It was massive. It was lit up by natural sunlight through the massive windows all around.

"Alright, Miss Potts is coming to get you," the receptionist said with a smile. "Take a seat, she'll be here in a few minutes."

"Thank you," I said, and took a seat.

I pulled out my phone.

!NEW MESSAGES: AVENGERS!

⨽Avengers⨼

9:08am

Pietro

good luck at work!

Peter

hope everything goes great!!

Scott

good luck!

Clint

how is it???

Nat

she's at work dumbass she's not going to see the message

Y/n

thank u guys :))
and so far i think its going well
i think im gonna meet pepper potts

Clint

you were saying, nat?

Nat

i'll kill you

Y/n

festive

Wanda

that's great y/n!

Y/n

thanks wanda!

Wanda

no problem :)

Y/n

oop i gtg i think thats pepper

Wanda

good luck!

Pietro

yeah good luck!!

"Y/n?" Miss Potts asked as she neared me.

"Yeah, that's me," I said. "It's an honour to meet you, Miss Potts."

Miss Potts chuckled.

"Thank you, and you can just call me Pepper. Now, if you'll just follow me," she said.

I followed Pepper to the elevator. She pressed a button and we went up.

"Now, I have a few questions for you," Pepper said. 

I nodded, ready for the questions.

"Why do you want to work at Stark Industries?" Pepper asked.

"Well, I'm hoping to expand my knowledge, for one," I said. "But also I love engineering and stuff like that. I really want to make a difference in the world, and I feel like Stark Industries is at least the place to start."

"Wow, that's great," Pepper said.

For the rest of the ride, Pepper asked me a few more questions about myself. The elevator doors opened and Pepper stepped out. I followed her and we made it halfway down the hallway before another figure appeared at the end of the hallway.

I nearly passed out as I recognised the person as the one and only Tony Stark.

"Hello, Pepper," he said. He then looked you me. "You must be Y/n."

"Y-yep," I said.

He reached out for a handshake and I shook his hand.

"It's an honour to meet you, sir," I said.

Tony Stark waved me off.

"Please, call me Tony," he said.

I just nodded, too overwhelmed to do anything else. 

TONY STARK JUST TOLD ME TO CALL HIM BY HIS FIRST NAME!

Tony said a few other things to Pepper and then she led me towards an office with twelve other people in it.

"So, you'll be working here," she said. "Here's a key card for the elevator. For the time being, you'll just be checking the stocks and taking care of that. Scott here will help you."

A man stood up from the desk next to mine. He had dark hair, green eyes, and an adorably goofy smile. He held his hand out to me and I shook it.

"I'm Scott," he said.

"Y/n," I replied.

Scott smiled wider at me.

"Let's get to work, shall we?" he said.

I nodded and I started working my dream job.