Chapter Eight

Ilya wasn't one for gossip, but hearing the news always made her jump. Nevaeh, someone who became widely known for gossip, informed her of the new information. She'd tell her some gossip like what was going on with the infirmary or telling her that people had actually been developing supernatural powers.

Greyson had originally sent her to help with the daycare, but the girl would bounce on her toes, spilling all the drama on the rampage. It wasn't just the issue of conflict but certain people's reputation back at Uden Academy and who it was best to avoid associating with.

One of the main things she heard was that Jason had apparently been beaten to a pulp, while Bella had been tied up by some people. As well, Jason's stepsister, Ashley, has apparently been acting stranger than usual since she has been missing for over a day.

Ilya leaned against the small blue sink in the bathroom at the daycare. She stared down at the number of pills for her antidepressants, with only a total of eight left. She was supposed to take them daily, or else it would increase her anxiety which would contribute to her depression.

Melany and Cindy have been on duty, helping those injured or even in fights that have been happening lately. The fights have been decreasing since Greyson arranged order, but people got punished if they started the fighting or were disobeying order.

Although some girls would fight over dolls in Kid Palace, one toy store that sold many dolls and toys. The majority of toys have been relocated to the daycare from some houses that people had collected.

Coffee Culture is a small bakery known for its famous donuts and coffee. Ilya didn't enjoy eating sweets since it made her feel horrible afterwards. The donuts covered with rainbow sprinkles or filled with strawberry jelly inside were often eaten by her friend Selma.

Selma wasn't helping with the daycare, but with the search for children left in their homes. She teamed up with Xander, Mark, and two Uden Academy students named Kay and Nicole. Selma had told her about how emotional seeing the children alone in their houses had been.

Ilya walked with a toddler, who cried as she bounced him on her lap. Becoming a babysitter for children with others helping wasn't her dream job. As she grew up, she hoped to study psychology to understand the true concept of mental health and help people overcome their problems.

The daycare door opened as Ilya looked over from her chair, seeing Greyson and Scarlett. The girl was staring in contempt, glancing around the place, while Greyson wore a smile. There was another girl leaning against the peach wall behind them. Her maroon hair was pulled back into pigtails, and her dark eyes roamed around while she fiddled with the golden necklace she wore.

"Bailey has come to help out," Greyson said.

Ilya picked up the crying toddler from the ground and walked toward them. Her mind ached from the constant crying of the children, but she was fighting through it because they were important.

"I'll take him," Teagan called, grabbing the heavy toddler from her arms.

Ilya thanked the girl, needing another older girl to help in this place. A lot of the ones who did help out were in seventh grade or lower, except for Layla, who was a year younger than her.

"Some boys will keep delivering stock if needed," Greyson implied.

Greyson has been a huge help with the daycare. Nevaeh could have been just stating gossip that could be false in the process, because she said Greyson was responsible for the injuries to Jason. The boy didn't seem like he would cause harm to anyone. Rumours were mostly gossip in the first place anyway.

"I'm never having kids," Scarlett irked, lightly grabbing her own wrist.

Ilya stared with her eyebrows knitted. This wasn't some type of sacrifice that they performed at Uden? The beautiful girl pulled back and shook her head at Greyson.