Chapter Fourteen

Greyson sat back in his office chair at the mayor's office. He didn't get why that annoying thing had been creating the gigantic holes in the middle of the street. He wasn't some worker who could repair them with ease when they needed to drive on the road. Then again, that wasn't the only problem he had to deal with.

"Stick escaped?" Greyson spat.

"The change room was empty when Oscar checked." Luke said, crossing his arms.

"Have you found that thing yet?" Greyson demanded.

"I had thugs check the highways and everything. Can I kill her when I find her?" Luke said.

"We're going searching."

Greyson stood from the office chair, walking ahead, while Luke went at his side with a devious grin. Scarlett followed them from behind, raising her brows.

"What if she turns out to be a dog?" she snickered as they descended the stairs.

"We'll kill the dog," Greyson said.

They climbed inside the black SUV. Greyson started it, going through the street onto the highway. Luke looked to the left, while Scarlett looked to the right. All around the empty highway, there were either fields or bushes.

"What's that?" Greyson called, automatically stopping.

Scarlett and Luke slammed their heads hard against their seats. Climbing out onto the highway, they spotted a puddle of the purple substance. It was located in a different area that appeared to be closer to town.

"Isn't that the purple shit that bled from her body?" Luke asked.

Greyson crouched down with narrowed eyebrows. The purple substance was identical to the substance that leaked out of Ashley's system when Luke tortured her.

"Step in it, Luke," Scarlett remarked.

"Why don't you do it? Change that ugly hair of yours," Luke snarled.

"Maybe it's something forming," Greyson said, looking toward the two of them.

It was difficult to know the exact name or even the creation of this substance since it didn't exactly pop into his head. Using his right hand, he used the invisible force to lift some of the substance into the air. It slowly dripped down as a painting on the ground.

"It's god." They looked over and saw Vickie.

"Wasn't she the one Stick killed?" Scarlett questioned.

Greyson nodded, holding both hands toward Vickie as he lifted her high in the air. The girl stared at him with blank eyes that appeared completely purple.

"Who's god?" Greyson demanded.

Vickie then popped all over the road like a balloon without giving an answer. The purple substance was all over the road near their feet and would have been the exact size of Vickie.

"This isn't Jesus Christ Superstar," Scarlett mocked, her hands on her hips.

"God is Ashley," Vickie said, appearing once again opposite them. "Ashley is scared of the goddess."

If someone powerful arrived inside this bubble, that would pose a real problem. Perhaps it wasn't even a person at all, but some other substance that seeped into the ditches.

Luke kicked Vickie in the face as she popped once again into that purple substance.

"We need to discover who the goddess is," Greyson said.

"I doubt it's someone from Uden," Scarlett said, opening the black SUV door.

"Search all those in Simcoe. Get James involved," Greyson ordered.