Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Chapter 2: The Town

Chapter 2: The Town

I woke up with a startle, like I came from a bad dream. I sat up on the bed, a little fazed, with a headache like someone just smashed a hammer against my head.

Where was I?

I was laying on an uncomfortable bed wearing the same uniform I'd been wearing since I messed around in lola's old room. Everything was white—the curtains, the walls, the bed.

Was I in some kind of hospital?

"Gising ka na."

A girl came into view from behind the curtains surrounding the bed. She was wearing the same uniform as I was, with mid-length wavy hair and large expressive eyes.

"Where am I?" I voiced out, mouth dry and scratchy.

A second girl brushed the curtains away and stared at me with her eyebrow arched. She was slightly taller than the first girl, with longer dark hair.

"You're in the infirmary, Olivia," the second girl replied.

Olivia? "I'm not Olivia."

Nagkatinginan ang dalawang babae. The first girl bit her lower lip in worry. "Anong ibig niyang sabihin?" bulong niya sa kasama. "Hindi niya ba tayo nakikilala?"

Pareho kaming lumingon nang bumukas ang pinto at pumasok ang isang doctor...or who I assumed was a doctor. She was wearing a black turtleneck under her white coat.

"Looks like a spell mishap took place," she confirmed. Muli siyang sumilip sa clipboard na hawak niya bago humarap sa 'min. "Ms. Valencourt used an undeveloped spell which temporarily messed with her memories."

The girl with the longer hair rolled her eyes and sighed. "Seriously, Olivia? Undeveloped spell? You know how dangerous those are. Gusto mo bang magising ka na lang sa ibang lugar?"

"Precisely," the doctor said with a smile. "Now, I will brew a cleansing potion to cleanse her system from the effect of the spell, but don't stress the patient too much. She needs to rest from all the side effects, okay?"

The doctor left us after reminding the two that they needed to follow eventually.

"Will do, Professor," said the two girls before glancing back at me.

"Let's hope your father won't hear about this," muttered the dark-haired girl. "We'll be back later when you're ready to go. Just stay here and rest."

The two eventually left the room. I sat back on the bed with a dragging sigh. What was happening to me? Why was I here? Who were those people?

A movement inside the room caught my attention. From a corner, the curtains swayed with the sudden breeze coming from the open window. Nakabukas ba ito kanina?

I walked towards it with careful steps. A guy with an arm resting on his forehead, eyes closed, was laying on the bed next to the window.

Was he a patient too?

The guy slowly opened his eyes and peaked behind his arm. "Ah, it's you," he muttered, uninterested. "You found me." Humakbang ako paatras, careful not to disturb the stranger any further, but he reached for my arm. Sa gulat, napaupo ako sa tabi niya sa kama. He was fully awake and there was a snide smirk on his lips. "What's a perfect student doing in the infirmary? Did you mess your way in here, Olivia Valencourt?"

I shake my head, determined to stay away from him. He was the complete opposite of the two. He seemed...dangerous. "I'm not...Olivia."

He raised a thick eyebrow at me, took a candy from his pocket and unwrapped it. He popped it into his mouth and cracked it open between his teeth, smiling.