23 - Final Battle

Lilly Evans House

James, Lilly, and Severus stood stunned as Sofia suddenly began bleeding all over the carpet.

"I'll call an ambulance," Lilly said.

Lilly turned and picked up the phone.

"No, wait! I got a faster way. Grab her feet. Help me take her outside." James said.

"What are you doing Potter? Moving her will make it worse." Severus objected.

"I know what I'm doing!" James told Lilly.

She nodded, her face was as pale as Sofia's. Together they moved her to the curb.

"How are you going to....?" Lilly started to ask.

James threw a smile at Lilly and stuck out his thumb. "Knight Bus."

Suddenly a bus appeared within seconds, a gust of wind nearly knocking them over. "Does anyone need a ride?"

A shrunken head dangling from the dashboard took one look at the injured girl and shook his head. "She doesn't look good. Probably gonna die."

"Shut up!" Lilly, James, and Severus all shouted.

"Get us to Saint Mungo's Hospital as fast as you can!" James ordered.

Hogwarts
Riddle's Office

Riddle heard a knock at his door. "Come."

A student poked his head in. "Sir? You said to inform you the second Professor Dumbledore left Hogwarts. She's gone."

"Thank you, Mr. Brown," Riddle said.

The student left as Riddle leaned back in his chair. Riddle put his palms together in thought. So, Ariana Dumbledore finally made her move.

It was time.

An owl flew in dropping a letter on his desk. It was a letter from Severus. Riddle read it as his face paled. "Sofia."

Saint Mungos Hospital

James, Lilly, and Severus were in the waiting room when a nurse finally came out. They rushed over to her as the nurse held out a hand.

"She's going to be okay. She lost a lot of blood, but she'll recover. If she arrived any later, we would have lost her. She needs some rest. You can go in, but only for a moment." The nurse said.

They all went in as Sofia was asleep. She still looked pale from the blood loss.

Riddle came rushing in, startling everyone.

"Mr. Riddle? We're not even sure how she was injured." James said.

Riddle held out a hand. "Leave us alone for a moment."

They all left, closing the door so they could have privacy.

Riddle leaned in, whispering in Sofia's ear. "Take care Sofia."

With that, Riddle kissed her gently on the side of her face and walked out. He gestured to James who rushed over.

"There's something I need to do. Can you look after Sofia for me Potter?" Riddle asked.

James frowned but nodded. "Of course, sir."

Sirus Black and Remus Lupin arrived at the hospital, looking a bit dirty. "Hey, guys. How is Sofia?"

"How'd you guys find out so fast?" James asked.

"The Hospital has an emergency contact system and let us know what happened. They opened a floo network in the hospital so we could visit." Remus said.