Chapter 6

🇲🇽 Mexico's POV: 🇲🇽

It's been a long time since I've seen Felipinas.... She's so big now. I remember when we were kids in Spanish Empire's care, we used to be very close.

⭐Flashback:⭐

Felipinas: Kuya Mexico!

I turn my head to see Felipinas crying with cuts and bruises. Stupid Spanish Empire. He did this to her!

Mexico: Felipinas, don't cry. I'm coming! 

I came to her bringing bandages.

Felipinas: *sniff* Kuya Mexico *sniff* ang sakit ng sugat ko.

Mexico: Don't worry Feli. One day, it will be over. We will be free. Independent. I promise.

Felipinas stared into my eyes, tears running down into her cheeks.

Felipinas: Really?

Mexico: Yes. We will.

⭐End of flashback.⭐

And the day came. She was very strong. Being sold to, being lied to, and taken by force, she had been very hurt, pained, and much worse. But I'm glad she held out. And became an Independent country. I even heard one of her provinces, Pampanga's cities, was named after me. Mexico. 

I cried happy tears when I heard that. She never forgot us.

And today, imagine my delight and happiness when I saw her again. With us, in the cafeteria table.

Mexico: Hello, me of Asia!

Felipinas: Kuya Mex!

"Away boys, let me hug Felipinas!" In my excitement, I picked Felipinas up and twirled her in the air.

Felipinas: Kuya Mexico! Put me down! I came to eat!

Italy: *fake grasp* You didn't come with Spain to visit your ex-kuyas?

Felipinas: Well, that's another reason!

Chile: IT'S BEEN FOREVER FELI! COME ON, LET'S EAT TOGETHER LIKE OLD TIMES!

Felipinas: OPO KUYA!

I smiled. She looks very happy. 

Felipinas: Kuya Mex? Are you okay? you're crying.

Mexico: I'm fine Feli. It's just been so long....

I was taken by surprise when she hugged me.

Felipinas: I missed you too Kuya.

I hugged back. 

Chile: awwww, Mexico you lucky man.

Italy: Let them be, they were the best of friends back then. Practically inseparable.

Chile: Yeah, he even gets one of her municipalities named after him!

💜A/n: It's true, one of the cities in the Philippines is named Mexico. The municipality of Mexico. I remember going there when I was around 7 years old with my grandfather.💜

Argentina: Hey! Let her breathe, let's eat.

Felipinas: Kamusta, Kuya Argentina.