final attack²⁵

hayoon could only crouch down, her long, black hair pooling around. yesterday's attack that resulted in turning that police officer into her was successful in keeping her satisfied for a long time. but not long enough.

the unbearable feeling of thirst was clawing at her stomach, making her mouth go dry and her head whirl — she needed to drink.

but it would be risky. now she for sure knew hendery would hesitate to kill her. she could take several bullets, but it wasn't a lot.

at the same time however, fuck him. she won't let him being the reason she gets scared and dies of thirst.

the park had enough people to last her for days. it seemed like the best place to attack again.

~*~

taeyong placed the last box down, standing up to properly straighten his back. jaehyun watched from the couch, curled up like a cat. it was a new but pleasant sight not see him in uniform, not that he'll ever wear it again. it was a simple t-shirt and old sweatpants.

since taeyong was so persistent on helping him out, jaehyun ended up moving in with him.

"i could've helped," he mumbled.

taeyong was going to get used to seeing those black eyes looking at him. "it's fine. you need to rest."

"no, i don't," the vampire retorted, but much, much more quieter. taeyong didn't seem to hear, since he didn't say anything back in response.

"now, you're going to need blood like her," he tapped his foot against the wood floor. the police chief was dreading to think about what would happen if jaehyun went out attacking people.

he wouldn't be able to defend him then.

but wait...

"i'm thirsty," jaehyun said, still mumbling.

taeyong bit his bottom lip. he had an idea but he wasn't exactly sure if it was the best solution. "here."

he crouched down in front of the vampire, pulling back his sleeve and showing off his arm. "you can bite me."

"what?" jaehyun's eyes widened.

"so you won't bite anyone else," taeyong went on. i'm helping you.

jaehyun hesitated for a moment before wrapping his pale fingers around taeyong's arm, holding it up closer to his mouth.

for a brief moment, he shower off his sharp fangs before slowly sinking them into the skin, making the police chief flinch.

it hurt. a lot.

as soon as it started, the unbearable feeling ended, jaehyun pulling away and letting go of the human's arm.

what used to be completely untouched was now ruined by a bite mark, blood starting to dribble out from the two holes.

"are you feeling better now?" taeyong asked softly. those empty, black eyes met his once more. there used to be life there — but that damn woman took it away.

the newly made vampire nodded. "yes."

he seemed less frozen as a statue, but his mood was still poor. taeyong didn't know how to lift it out of the dumps.