6. REJOICE

GARRETT POV:
fuck.
i opened my eyes and was met with a bright light. a sharp pain shot through my heart causing me to shoot up and attempt to let out a scream but was prohibited due to the tube that was in my throat.

"SOMEONE GET THE DOCTOR HES AWAKE" chase screamed. id recognize his sweet voice anywhere.

5 seconds later nurses and doctors came swarming in my hospital room.

after taking my tube out the doctor let me know that because the bombing i was in a coma for three months and that i was lucky to be alive. immediately i thought about michael.

the doctor went on about how chase and kyle haven't left my side since i got rushed to the hospital.

"chase was still your emergency contact. your brother and chase have been taking really good care of you. they've been making sure you've stayed clean, talking to you, and even maintained your beard. your really lucky to have great people in your life" the doctor smiled.

"kyle's out getting food by the way" chase chimed in.

"by any chance do-"

"michael. i know. doc do you thing you could give us some privacy" chase responded to me.

i began to get nervous. what happened to michael. was he okay? was he dead? i lucky i was even still alive how lucky was he?

"okay so michael also went into a coma. but unlike yours... he got even more lucky and got out of the coma within a month. i knew you would be worried so i had kyle visit him as well and get updates" chase explained. he still had this saddened look on his face that i couldn't quite read mostly because he couldn't look me in the eyes.

"that sounds great. chase why are you making that face?" i asked him. i began to get worried again.

"garrett..."

"chase spit it out" i demanded

"when michael got out of his coma the first thing he did was try to find you. and when he did the state that you were in was very traumatizing and it sent him in very dark and depressing hole. garret michael began drinking heavily and partying profusely. he hasn't been back to see you since the first time he saw you. and kyle said he's heard michaels been sleeping around..." chase explained.

i was silent. it felt like the whole world was crumbling. he said he loved me. why didn't he believe in me. why didn't he come see me. why would he leave me. it just didn't make sense.

"garrett i know how much you care for him and that's why i wanted to tell you as soon as possible. i didn't want you to get released and find out from someone else" chase spoke.

the room fell silent but not for too long. kyle came strolling in the room at first not noticing i was awake. he look rough. the dark circles around his eye were prominent and he looked like he hadn't changed clothes in 5 years. he put the food down and froze. he turned around than ran towards my bed and gave me a big bear hug.

"GARRETT IM SO GLAD YOUR FINALLY AWAKE" kyle beamed. his eyes lit up.

"yeah me too even tho i don't really remember what i was doing for 3 months ahahaha" i joked.

i was hurt. i miss michael by i feel betrayed and hurt. i just wanted to forget about him.

"so guys fill me in on what's going on with everything" i spoke up.

"oh my gosh okay well. nick and some guy from produce are definitely hooking up. i think his names casey. OH mike the one you hooked up with yeah he got engaged! who would have thought. alyssa took over sorting while you were gone. you should see her she's really good. she also has a new boo thing. you should see her blushing when she was telling us about him. she doesn't wanna disclose to many details tho. you remember nadine? yeah she's completely turned her life around. she went to therapy and even got herself a man too. some guy from a different department. i can't remember his name tho but let me tell you he's a fine piece of meat. everyone's been doing great. i thinking the bombing helped them realize life is short and week need to get our shit together before it's too late." kyle said.

"wow seems like everything is going great." i responded. it was bittersweet to hear all of this. i was glad everyone got it together but i was also sad everyone was in love and once again i was left all alone.

"do you know when i can get out of here ahaha" i chuckled

"oh yes the doctor said since everything healed nicely you only have to stay 3 days after you wake up just so they can run test and make sure the coma had no long term affects to your brain." chase smiled.

"okay great. you guys can go home now lol. no offense but both of you look like shit ahaha" i said

they both laughed. " yeah we'll head home and shower and bring some clothes for you. we'll be back in an hour okay?" kyle stated

"okay"

the both got up and left. i decided i was gonna take a little nap since i was still feeling fuzzy.
———————————————————————————
END OF THE CHAPTER.
ARE YOU GUYS EXCITED FOR WHATS TO COME?
THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO KYLE WHO JUST GOT APPROVED FOR COLLEGE THINGY #SMARTMAN