𝚜.𝟷 𝚎𝚙.𝟽 -𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎-

"but I'm out of my element / I can't breathe / I start to sweat, I can't cool down / I'm scared of all the strangers in this town / I try to tell you just why I've come / it's like I've got molasses on my tongue

"but I'm out of my element / I can't breathe / I start to sweat, I can't cool down / I'm scared of all the strangers in this town / I try to tell you just why I've come / it's like I've got molasses on my tongue."

The van ride was silent as JJ careened them into the depths of the cut. "Welcome to Crackhead Wasteland," Sarah murmured as they pulled into the yard of Barry's trailer.

"I don't know about this man," said Pope, but JJ wasn't listening to reason.

JJ put the van in park and pulled out the guy's license. "We are at Barry's," he said in a tone that almost made him sound like himself, but Tate knew better. He was acting crazy. This wasn't right. "This'll only take a second," JJ said, opening the van door and stepping out.

As he headed towards the door of the trailer, John B motioned for the others to stay in the van. "Where are you going?" he called through the window.

JJ didn't look back. "Yo soy justicia."

"Did you glean anything from that?" Pope asked. Nobody answered.

Kiara sighed. "You know somebody should probably--"

"Yeah, I got it." John B opened his door and stepped out.

"Same," said Tate, crawling over Kiara and Pope to get out of the van.

In the walk up the front steps of the trailer, Tate completely forgot about her anger at John B. It was water under the bridge. It didn't matter anymore. They were on the same team now. When they got inside, Tate could hear JJ rifling around in the kitchen, muttering to himself. "So, what's your plan, slick?" John B asked when they found JJ.

"Well," said JJ, not stopping or even turning around, "as thou hath stealeth from us, we shall stealeth from ye."

John B and Tate exchanged a worried look. "That... kind of got lost in translation," John B said slowly.

"An eye for an eye, John B," JJ clarified.

"But- he didn't actually steal anything from us," Tate said, trying to reason with him.

JJ shook his head. "Go back to the van, Tate."

"Don't tell me what to do."

John B stepped in front of her to grab JJ by the shoulders and stop him from pacing around like a maniac. "Yeah, that's great, JJ. But what happens after you rob a drug dealer, huh?" At last, JJ looked up at met his eyes. "He knows who we are!"

"It's a suicide mission," Tate said, leaning against the doorway and twirling a lock of blonde hair in one finger.

JJ ignored her. "I'm not scared of this guy." He headed back to the closet and started ripping things out and throwing them haphazardly to the floor.