commentary

h e l l o ! h e l l o !

thank you for reading the second story of the doomversation series and thank you for getting to this part! to those who are probably wondering, the doomversation series is my collection of dark epistolary novels which started with "lovely little sandy". rest assured, they are completely different stories. they are also not connected unless stated. i just called them doomversation series because they feature doomed conversations, and i personally think doomversation sounds cool 😉 i even keep on repeating the word. doomversation! haha!

so so so without further ado, let me share with you how this story was developed!

November 21, 2018. I was in a coffee shop trying to finalize the details for Psycho Next Door and 10 Lives (she shall return). As you can see, I was trying to plan their death scenes - because planning your character's doom in a slasher-horror story is pretty much essential to the whole whodunit shebang. 

Anyhow, so 'yon nga. As I was planning, I suddenly wondered how the people around me would feel if they see what I'm writing. I mean, IG peeps will understand bcs they know I write dark stuff, but how about these wonderful coffee shopperists around me? 

A horror writer mistaken as a psychopath?

And that my friends, is how this story came into existence.

However, because marami akong inaasikaso during that time, the idea kept getting pushed back. The idea was there, but it wasn't conceptualized. Walang characters, plot foundation, setting, motivation, etc. Until late 2020 😌

I wanted YGIAP to be a barkada-slasher story, with a touch of comedy. And being a slasher story, I decided to splash in a little concept inspired by one of my favorite slasher movies - Friday the 13th! So 'yun, barkada story set in a camp!

However, I started writing Lovely Little Sandy and sobra akong nag-enjoy sa epistolary format. May nakita rin akong cutie na partnership(?) sa Kpop haha. Secret na lang kung ano itu, pero sa previous chaps, parang may nakapansin na.

The story changed a little and it continued to take on a flow. Ultimately, I decided to make YGIAP into an epistolary novel tutal marami na akong slasher-type stories and i wanted to deliver something new to my sr fam. Also, matagal ko nang gustong sumulat ng male pov, and i thought this would be a good stepping stone. baby steps, kumbaga. Sa tingin ko rin, mas mae-express ng epistolary 'yong reactions and frustrations ng buong barkada, lalo na ng lokaret na kapatid ng protagonist.

By the way, I used some true-crime references for the story.

The Del Kristinas' backstory was based on the Richardson Family Murders. The Rotten Mango Podcast did an incredible job at telling the family's story. It's the episode called "The Killer Kitty." It contains sensitive themes, so it's not good for younger audiences.

Also, I know you guys are curious about this haha. That eyedrop poison was based on a real case. I would love to post the link, kaso hindi naman gagana. Just look up Lana Sue Clayton.

( BTW, this is not meant to glorify violence or crimes. I'm really just sharing them out of a true-crime curiosity. If anyone claims to want to become a murderer,  kahit joke, gonna mute u right away bcs THAT'S NOT COOL. let's not be immachur haha! )

So, back to the story ~

I really had fun writing YGIAP, naka-insert ako ng mga kalokohan hehehe. Medyo mahirap lalo't hindi ito ang nakasanayan kong format, pero thank God natapos ko hehe.

I wanted this story to be different yet nostalgic, lalo na sa mga readers na nakapagbasa na ng older stories ko. Above all, I hope sana nag-enjoy kayo sa munting kwentong 'to. I hope u had fun the way I did.

Thank you for reading YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS A PSYCHOPATH!

Ps, Do u want to be friends with your fellow readers? Sali ka sa SR Fam namin 🥰 Dami mabait dito tapos kyot kyot pa. Just search "The Serialreaders" and be sure to answer all security questions. Read the rules and check the box as well!

b y e ! b y e !

God bless and stay safe!