5 PTP

I stared at the weird contraption before me in awe. How the heck am I supposed to cook with a cauldron? Or whatever the heck this thing was. I touched the large pot carefully, and screeched when I saw a small roach crawl from under it. "I WILL DIE before I ever cook food in this." I whined.

"Ello' Miss." One of the crew waved at me from a far. "My name is Jon Varr, I help organize our stocks. Are you having some trouble?"

"I don't speak swine." I glared at him and crossed my arms.

"Don't be so rude towards me, Miss." He took bowed to me and took my hand gently, before placing a small kiss on my skin. "The Cap'n sent me here to see if you needed anything."

"Tell your Captain to go and Screw himself." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"I am not so sure what that means, but I'm sure he's had enough of your attitude. I just want to assure you he means no harm—"

"He threatened to throw me overboard just earlier, does that look like no harm to you?" I bit my lip in frustration.

"That was because you insulted him, and challenged his authority."

"He insulted me first!"

"I don't see how?"

I showed my arm to him, pulling up my sleeve for emphasis. "My skin shouldn't be a topic for you filthy men to pick on, Jon."

"Cap'n was just being observant. Aye, it is true we've never seen maidens with your skin. It's rare." He sighed and scratched his beard. I dropped my arms to my sides and looked to my feet, too annoyed to even reply. "Are you having trouble getting the pot started?" He pointed at the cauldron in front of me. I sighed and nodded.

"I'll teach you." He smiled and walked over to me.

~

So I guess cooking pirate food wasn't so hard. Everything stored in barrels were either dried foods, or alcoholic drinks. I wasn't going to lie, I was tempted to get a taste of some red substance myself.

Jon had helped me with the cooking, but told me I was in charge of the Captain being fed. I could honestly care less about the well being of their leader. So I decided to put a little extra spice in his portion before delivering it to him.

I grabbed the tray of food and walked down the stairs leading to where I thought the captains quarters were. From what I studied, it was always near the servants rooms, just separated and filled with more lavish furniture. And I think I had found it.

I opened the door without knocking, and the pirate captain whipped his head up from reading documents on his desk to my direction. "Ey!" He stood up immediately and pointed at the door behind me. "Wenches like ye' don't have any manners." He grumbled. "I guess where ye' come from, they didn't teach ye' how to properly enter o' room."

"Oh no, I have manners." I smiled at him innocently. "I just don't respect you enough to use them." I slammed his tray of food onto his desk, directly on top of his papers. I was going to turn to leave, but he snatched my face into his hands and brought me dangerously close to his. I held my breathe.

"You're gonna learn how to respect me on my ship, Lass." He whispered. "I won't hesitate to kill ye'." He brought his other hand to my neck and used his fingers to slide down my skin. Chills ran through my body. "What now?" He raised his dark eyebrows in a playful manner. "Those pretty lips o' yours have nothin' to say?"

I gasped when he brought his hand back up from my neck and slide his fingers across my mouth. I pulled out of his grip instantly, disgust fueling up my body. He just smirked at me and sat down at his desk. "I guess Pierce wasn't completely wrong." He raised the bowl to his mouth and took a big slurp of the soup I prepared. I was amazed. How was he able to take a big sip of all the peppers I put into it?

He took another large gulp of the spicy concoction I made, and slammed the bowl back onto the tray when he finished, wiping his mouth in his sleeve as he did so. "Ye can be pretty useful. Not only for cooking, I suppose." He leaned back and his eyes trailed down to my body.

I blinked at him. "Excuse me?"

"You're excused. Please leave." He raised his hands to the door, as if showing me the way out. This man just violated me with his eyes, and told me to leave. I clenched my fists and whipped around, about to storm out. But then I heard him call. "Ey! Take this with ye." He pointed to the dishes on his desk. I grabbed the tray and stomped out of his room, slamming the door behind me.

~

How do you like the story so far? Invested?

Please support more of my works by following and leaving a like!