3 RAR

"Charlotte, maybe you should take the rest of the day off." My boss had pulled me aside from my work position and told me that I looked sick. Probably because of what I experienced the night before.

After that nightmare, I couldn't sleep the rest of the night. I was running on 7 cups of coffee. It probably wasn't healthy, I know. But I was running low on funds, and I needed the money I earned from my shift. "No, I'm fine."

"I didn't ask you. I'm telling you." He crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes at me. "You've misplaced five boxes of the photographs we needed to organize for tonight's event. It worries me because you're not one who would do something to jeopardize work like that."

Had I really misplaced that many items? Lord, I really did need to take a break. "I'm sorry." I rubbed my eyes and yawned. "I've just been.. out of it since last night."

My boss sighed and reached out his hand. "Give me those, and go clock off ." He ushered towards the box in my left arm. I handed him the box, and trudged over to one of our registers before typing in my ID and signing off my shift. "Get some rest Charlotte." He muttered.

I nodded, grabbed my things from behind the front counter and left. I closed the buildings door behind me and stretched out my arms as I walked down the street.

My coffee crash was really taking me out today. That dream really did a number on me, gee whiz. I let my feet carry me until I approached a cross walk. The traffic light was green. I groaned. This particular light always seemed to take so long, so i knew I was going to be here for a while.

I tapped my foot against the paved sidewalk impatiently. My mind drifted off to those brown eyes I had saw the night before. No. Don't think about him. I shook my head, snipping out the thought.

The light was still green. Before I could groan again, a tall figure approached from behind me. Through my peripheral vision, I saw him take a step beside me. I glanced at him, and realized it was that same man.

Why did I keep thinking about him? My tired mind was playing tricks on me now, I was even imagining him by my side.

"Take a picture." He snorted. "It'll last longer."

What? I blinked frantically, trying to process what he had just said. I rubbed my eyes again and glanced at him once more before realizing. It really was him, not a dream. My bed was definitely calling to me.

The light turned red, and the familiar lookalike took a step forward and off in the direction of the crosswalk. I blinked again, and followed after him.

I watched as he sauntered forward casually, hands in his pockets and head held high. It felt like we had walked for hours as we crossed the street. And I didn't want it to end.

Deep down, I just wanted to continue to look at him. His eyes, nose and lips.. it all reminded me of the man from my dreams. I am so surprised that they look exactly the same. The only visible difference the two had was their appearance by time periods.

Cai was tall and brood dressed in clothing made from the late 1700s. However, his lookalike was still tall, but dressed in the modern trends of today. Although they looked the same, I felt so confused. They both felt different. The way they carried themselves was very easy to contrast.

Cai, although controlling and arrogant, seemed to be a sweet man deep down. But the one in front of me? I couldn't sense any emotion. He seemed, distant.

"Wait.." I stopped walking and glanced around. I let the familiar man saunter away, and watched as he disappeared into the distance. "Where am I?" I froze and took in my surroundings. I had totally forgot that was headed home.

Did I.. follow this man here? I did.

I slapped my forehead with my palms and grunted. "Get out of your feelings Charlotte!" I didn't know where I was, but I knew I had missed quite a few turns that lead to my building. I turned on my heel and jogged back the opposite direction.

~

"Ah.." I hummed as I hopped onto my bed. It took me an extra 30 minutes, but I found my way home. I put my feet under the sheets and rolled over, getting comfortable so sleep would come over me.