The Light Pink Rose

Chapter - 17

Tapasya

Afternoon

Chachi and Ma are talking to a lady when I and Ujjwala come downstairs. The lady is middle-aged. Several photos were scattered on the table.

" She that matchmaker lady" Ujjwala whisper to me.

" Do whatever but I'll only marry Yuvraj" she said.

" Shut Ujjwala and don't make any scene," I said.

" Ok"

" Ujjwala, Tapasya come here" Chachi called us and we both go and sit on the couch. Chachi, Ma, and matchmaker Aunty are sitting in front of us.

" Yeh ha meri dono suputriya ( these are my daughters) Ma taunts us and I smile at aunty.

" Namaste Aunty," I said.

" Namaste beta" she replied.

" Ujjwala " Chachi warned her when she did say anything.

" Namaste Aunty," Ujjwala said.

" Namaste beta" she replied.

" Ok now tell me what type of groom you want," she asked us.

" Ok look at these," she said giving me Ujjwala some photos of boys.

I look at photos one by one not really paid attention to anyone. Ujjwala showed me a photo.

" Look at his teeth" she giggles. I also join her.

" Ujjwala," Chachi said. We both look at her.

" I like him," she said.

" He is a manager," she said giving me a photo. I look at the photo.

" Manager here I find a CM's son as her son in law but she wanted manager," Ujjwala said.

" Beta what kind of Sasural ( in-laws ) do you want? " Aunty asked me.

" I don't have many wishes just a few," I said smiling at her sweetly.

" Ok," she said.

" I only want three things," I said showing her my fingers.

" But what the need of it," Ma said.

" It's ok let her tell and then I'll find the inlaws according to her wish," Aunty said.

" Ok beta tell me," she said.

" First - I don't want sas ki chik chik ( interference of mother-in-law in my life).

Second - I won't do any household works like cleaning, cooking, etc.

And Last - I don't want any interference in my life like if I want to get up at noon it's my wish no one should have a problem with this. If I want to talk I'll talk but if I want to stay in the room whole day nobody should disturb me." I said. I can see her facial expressions change. I suppress my laugh. She clears her throat and composes herself.

" And you, what are your wishes," she asked Ujjwala.

" Same, Same as hers," Ujjwala said smiling widely.

The matchmaker Aunty laughs nervously and starts packing her things and get up.

" I'll come," she said and run out of our house.

" I know it's your plan but don't worry beta I'll get you married soon," Ma said glaring at me and goes inside Chachi followed her.

We will see Ma. We will see.