Chapter Eleven

After the movie session came to an end, I couldn't say I had understood it. "I'm confused." I heard Bucky mutter next to me. I nodded my agreement as I considered the end credits.

"Maybe I should've chosen the movie." Now it was his turn to nod in agreement. We both had no idea what we had just watched, the graphics were awesome but the story didn't make even a lick of sense to either of us. "Would you mind doing the arm thing?" Bucky rolled his eyes but placed his metal arm on my back, his thumb digging deep into the soft tissue of my shoulders causing me to groan in delight, I didn't realize I was so tense. I leaned further into his front, yes, I was sitting on his lap, and no, it's not for the reason you think.

Unfortunately, Steve, with the terrible timing, came in just as he managed to elicit a loud groan out of me and make my back arch in a carnal type of pleasure. "I don't know which one was worse, you guys fighting or you guys doing whatever this is." He gestured toward me sitting on Bucky's lap, groaning as he pressed his metal thumb into the knots on my back.

"Don't say dating, Steve, we're not dating." Bucky grumbled, his flesh grip on my hip tightening slightly as he pressed deeper into my back with his metal hand.

Steve didn't look convinced, "then what are you doing?"

"Problem solving." I responded, leaning further back into Bucky. "We both wanted this spot, but didn't want to share because we disliked each other, not a problem anymore and I have the most comfortable spot with the best view of the TV."

"But you're sitting on him . . ."

"Like I said, the most comfortable spot. Did you know he's literally the best masseuse ever." He moved on to a different knot, "aah, nothing like getting the perfect back massage free of charge."

"Free?" Bucky questioned, his hand stopping much to my chagrin.

Deciding I would tease Bucky a bit, I addressed him with a sultry tone, "I'm not gonna tell him about how we spend our nights," the words were meant for Steve and to sound like we were doing . . . certain carnal activities. Bucky glared at my cheeky expression.

"Uhuh, and you're sure you're not dating?" Steve asked, looking skeptical.

I locked eyes with Bucky, "can I punch him for that?"

"Angel, you were doing so well, why'd ya have to go and threaten Steve like that, now your clocks back to zero."

I whirled to face him, "You're kidding, Buck! That counts?"

"It was a threat, Angel." He pointed out with a sympathetic expression.

"Ugh, fine." I rolled my eyes with a huff.

"What clock?" Steve asked confused.

Bucky explained for me, "her threat clock, we reset it every time she threatens someone, we're trying to see how long she can go without threatening anyone." Yeah, that wasn't my idea.

"And what's your record?" Steve addressed me, curious of the answer.

I said sheepishly, "twenty minutes." I could see Bucky smiling out of the corner of my eye so I smacked him lightly, "I didn't know it would be this difficult to not threaten people, I blame you for this!"

"I'll take that blame, it's quite entertaining."

"I'm trying to do better, be more conversational, not provide you entertainment." I pointed out with a playful scowl.

Bucky smirked, "well, you're better entertainment than that movie." I nodded reluctantly in agreement, Steve looked a little lost.

"Yeah, we are never trusting Peter with movie suggestions ever again." Bucky nodded emphatically. "Hey, speaking of which, I think I know a movie that we might actually like but I don't think we're wanted in the common area."

"There's a tv in my room, might as well use it." Bucky suggested. I nodded my agreement and he swept me into his arms, careful not to pin my wings, and started down the hallway into the residential wing. When he opened the door to his room, he set me back on my feet. I noticed the look on his face, it was the same look I wore each time I entered a living space.

"You're haunted by this room." I observed, giving his forearm a light squeeze.

He nodded slowly, "I can't remember the last time I slept without nightmares."

"Me too," I admitted, "it's why I sleep in the rafters, if I'm not comfortable, I don't dream."

"I don't use the bed for the same reason."

"We can work towards it," I suggested as I turned toward the couch instead of the bed, "together. And we can start with this." Bucky made a tentative nod as he followed me toward the couch.

***

Sometime during the movie, we must have fallen asleep, because when Steve barged in through the semi-open door and woke me up, the tv had shut off. Bucky was still sleeping quite heavily beside me, one hand tucked around my stomach from underneath my wings. "Oh, I'm sorry, Buck said I could borrow something of his, didn't mean to disturb you."

"Steve?" I waited for him to focus on me attentively, "get out."

"Right, I was just uhm . . . leaving. By the way, I'm never gonna let him live this down."

"Don't you dare even mention it, Steve. This is the most sleep we've both gotten in the last week and if you prevent it from continuing, I will string you up by your star-spangled jockstraps and tell Tony exactly where to find you." I threatened just loud enough that he could hear it, not wanting to wake up Bucky.

"Duly noted, I will never mention it again." He ducked out the door, making sure to close it firmly so no one else would make the same mistake.

Once he had left, I felt Bucky chuckle against me, "star-spangled jockstraps? Really?" his voice held a huskiness to it from sleep that I found quite pleasing to listen to.

"Well, I had to make it a believable threat, didn't I?"

"Oh no, it was quite entertaining, kudos to you, however, we have to reset your threat clock."

I sighed, "fine, that one was totally worth it though."

"Never said it wasn't."

"Shh, you're supposed to be sleeping."

"Oh? Maybe you should join me." He suggested, with a sleepy edge to his voice that told me he was halfway there already. I turned over on the couch so our fronts were against each other, he adjusted his hand so that it rested between my wings though his eyes were still closed.

I snuggled closer, drawing myself against him for the warmth. He hummed and pressed his face into my neck in response. "I could get used to this," Bucky mumbled against my skin.

"Me too."