Chapter 5: Anger and Exhaustion Go Hand in Hand

A/N: I'm sorry for the wait. I've been working on an extra special something I wanted to finish first, but I realized it wouldn't get done very fast. I've redone it a few times now and I think it's coming along well. It's not done yet, so I finished this chapter for everyone to read until it is. Thank you for your patience.

I didn't want to make everyone wait much longer, so I still need to give this a proper proof-read later.

WARNING: Cursing, violence, and minor gore descriptions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  The previous night had been surprisingly peaceful. No one had stopped by for a late night chat like Formaggio had when Illuso was keeping watch and, to the best of your knowledge, Formaggio had left you be the whole night. You were feeling well rested, which felt like a good sign. It wasn't the weekend anymore and starting the work week tired wouldn't have been fun.

  Breakfast was the first thing on the agenda today before work. Hopefully you wouldn't have too many deliveries today. You're not sure if you'd be able to bear it with the addition of Formaggio talking your ears off. Speaking of which...

  'Where is he?' You wondered. He wasn't in your room when you woke up and he isn't in your living room either. Maybe he'd wander back from wherever he is when you start making noise in the kitchen.

"AGHHHHH! DAMN IT!"

  You stopped in your tracks. 'What the fuck was that?' The sound of someone shouting in rage was coming from somewhere outside the front of your house. Your curiosity getting the better of you, you decide to creep over to your window and take a peek through the curtains. You almost instantly regretted it.

  It took you a second to recognize him, but without a doubt it was the blue-haired guy from your first encounter with Prosciutto. Your whole body shuddered at the memory of him jumping in to take over for Prosciutto to torture that ghost woman so he could follow you home. He was currently headed down your street, ranting his head off about something so loudly you could hear it from inside.

  Not wanting to get caught looking out of the curtains, you quickly moved back from the window. 'Oh great...' you frowned, 'It's Monday all right. This is going to be one shitty day.' You had hoped you wouldn't ever encounter Ghiaccio again after that horrible night, but it looks like the universe had other plans.

  You silently wished that Formaggio would show up again, if not to take over for the blue-haired menace, then to at least distract him so none of that rage would be focused in on you. So much for a quieter day. He hadn't even set foot in your house yet and he was already your least favorite on account of his anger.

  At least you were already in the kitchen making breakfast when he decided to barge into your house. If he'd been able to interact with your door, he probably would have slammed it open.

  "That bastard! Why couldn't he give better directions!? I'm fucking late because of him! Is this even the right place?!" To say he was loud would be an understatement. You carefully picked up the cup you knocked over when his sudden outburst startled you.

  He was a loud walker too. You could tell when he was coming into the kitchen, especially when he decided to open his mouth again. "Right house." He must have spotted you.

  'Why'd he say that with so much disgust!?' You seethed. Had he been some random person, you liked to think you might have shot back with something witty, but as it stood you wouldn't dare. If shouting could kill, you'd probably would have died before he even set foot inside.