Chapter 2: A New Type of Ghost

A/N: Sorry it took me two weeks! After I posted the last chapter (on the 2nd), I ran into a BEAR (I'm alright). Then last Friday, my college went on lockdown. My family was worried, so I left during an optional evacuation period and stayed with them for a while. I had to settle back down after all of it, so I thank you for being patient with me. I hope it hasn't affected the quality of my writing.

WARNING: Cursing and minor gore descriptions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  You hurry inside your little home and as soon as you lock the door, you press your back against it and sink to the floor. Peeling off your shoes, you finally sigh in relief, happy to be done with another bad day.

  'Glad that's over with,' you think as you toss your shoes to the side. Getting up from sitting in front of the door, you stretch your back, sure that you'll be sore tomorrow after the day you've had. You take a few steps out of the short entryway and make a sharp right into your kitchen, looking for something easy to make so you didn't go to bed hungry. Quickly making and devouring a sandwich, you clean everything up and prepare to head to bed.

  Upon reaching the threshold between the kitchen and living room, you stop dead in your tracks. Standing in the middle of the room was that same blond ghost you had hoped would wander off once you came inside. How wrong you were. He was analyzing his soundings, deep in thought. About what? You felt like you didn't want to know.

  Coming back to your senses, you knew you had to play it cool, and forced your legs to move again. Staying out of the center of the living room, you take a right out of the kitchen, sticking to the wall and making your way to the bathroom, which was conveniently right next to the kitchen.

  After noting you weren't followed inside, you allow yourself to breathe. 'I'm just going to continue acting like normal... take a shower, and go to bed. He'll be gone before I know it,' you reassure yourself. You use the bathroom, brushing your teeth while you were at it, trying to work up the confidence to go back into the living room. Knowing you have no other choice unless you want to live next to a toilet for the rest of your life, you decide now is the best time to get some clothes from your room so you can take a shower. 'Or maybe a bath would be nicer...' you muse, shaking away your unease and opening the bathroom door.

  Stepping out, you see Prosciutto making his way to your front door, and quickly cover up your joy with a yawn. You would celebrate with a well-deserved rest instead. 'Thank fuck,' you thought when he finally phased through the door, leaving you and your home behind.

  Within a few steps, you threw open your bedroom door. Feeling the gravitational pull of your bed, you cave in and take a quick shower, before collapsing on the mattress and crawling under your warm sheets. Your heavy eyes close, and tonight, you have no dreams.

~~~Tomorrow~~~

  You went through the whole day with a little skip in your step. Not a single ghost had bothered you since the incident last night, and Prosciutto had been nowhere to be seen. You had even received a small bonus from your delivery job, and since it was Friday, you had the weekend to relax and rest your feet.

  You cooked yourself a nice hot meal for a change and headed off to your room to grab a change of clothes. 'Maybe I should pick a little something up with my bonus. I could find a new book to read, or another blanket since it's getting colder... or buy some chocolate,' perhaps it wasn't the best idea to spend money when you were trying to save it, but you had been working yourself into the ground from the moment you moved here. Self-care and giving yourself a break from time to time was important.