Chapter 12

A/N Because f*ck it, I'm so tired of studying and I don't have any concentration or motivation left so I wrote a few chapters. Enjoy :)

Dean heard the fluttering sound of wings and before he could even turn around he heard the voice.

“Hey there, Dean-o,” it said.

“Gabe! You came!” Dean almost yelled. “Sammy!”

Sam came running and immediately wrapped his arms around the angel. “Oh thank god you’re here. Please tell me you can heal Cas?”

Gabriel just stood a bit awkwardly, and patted Sam on the back. “Well, I’m happy to see you too, moose. More alive than last time,” he joked.

Dean wished he had taken a picture. Sam, being 6’4 tall, hugging the archangel, who was about 5’8. It looked absolutely ridiculous.

“Sorry it took so long, I heard your prayer a few days ago, and it was very hard to get out, since Metatron wasn’t happy when he realized I had tricked him last time. But hey, sometimes you just gotta do everything for your lil’ bro, ain’t it, Dean-o?”

When they reached Cas’ room, he was still on the bed.

“Well that doesn’t look very well,” Gabriel muttered as he spotted Cas. “I will see what I can do, but I can’t use all my powers. They’ll definitely find me if I do, and trust me, you’ll not be happy if they come here for me.

Dean and Sam nodded. They’ve had dealt with some angry angels before, and it was to say, absolutely horrifying how much power those creatures had. They watched as Gabriel lay a hand on Castiel, causing him to glow lightly.

“Whe… where am I? Gabe? Am I in heaven? What happened?” Cas suddenly said, opening his eyes. Dean let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding. He heard Sam breathe out next to him.

“Shh hold still Cassie, I’m trying to heal you. close your eyes,” Gabriel commanded and Cas did as he said. “Freaking humans and their stupidity,” they heard Gabriel mutter before going back to healing.

“That’s it for now,” he told them as when he was done. “He needs to taken care of a lot, he’s weak and needs to sleep and eat well. But I guess you’re familiar with that, so you just gotta figure out yourself what’s best for him,” Gabriel said.

Sam and Dean nodded, and Gabriel told Cas goodbye before turning around. “He’s asleep now, I will go back before they find out I’m missing. See you next time!” And with that the archangel was gone.

Sam let out a small thanks and bye as Gabriel disappeared. “So… check on Cas every hour, I guess?” he asked.

Dean nodded. Now that Cas was conscious again, he wanted nothing more than to talk to him, hold him, feel his warmth. But Cas needed rest now, so Dean just looked at Cas once more before closing the door.

It was 7 hours later when Cas woke up again, confused. He didn’t know the date, or the time. As he tried to figure it out, the door opened and Sam’s head peeked in. “Hey there, Cas. Finally awake, I see? You must’ve hit your head hard; you’ve been unconscious for almost a week.”

Cas looked at him. “A week? Did Gabriel? How did he manage to escape heaven?” he asked as Sam nodded.

“Well, he’ll always be a little Trickster, won’t he?” Sam chuckled. “I’ll call Dean for ya.” And the door was closed again.

“Cas?”

Cas let out a sigh of relief as he heard the familiar voice calling his name. “Hello, Dean,” he replied as he felt Dean’s arms wrap around him. He snuggled closer and made place for Dean to sit on the bed.

“Cas I’m so happy to see you, awake and well, you have no idea how worried I was,” Dean said, his voice muffled, while placing kisses on Cas’ hair.

“My apologies, Dean. I did not mean to scare or worry you.”

Dean laughed. “It’s okay, Cas, I’m just glad to see you awake.”

Cas lifted up his head to look at Dean. He looked horrible, tired, dark circles under his eyes as if he hadn’t slept at all.

Dean wanted to say something, but stopped right when he looked into Cas’ eyes. Damn, he had missed those blue oceans. He started to lean in, wanting nothing more than to kiss Cas.

Cas held back. “Dean…” he looked worried.

“What’s it Cas? Do I need to wait? It’s okay, it’s all okay.”

“No, I’ll tell you later,” Cas mumbled, deciding he had missed Dean too much, and kissed him. He felt Dean’s hands on his cheeks, bringing Cas’ face closer. Cas gripped Deans shirt with one hand, and tangled the other in Dean’s hair.

“I missed you,” Dean said when he pulled pack, but Cas wanted more. He brought Dean’s head closer again and started kissing him like never had before. He felt Dean’s smile on his own lips, and became even more passionate.

Dean’s hand slid to Cas’ waist, and held it there, causing his hip to heat up under the touch. He pulled away and hugged Dean, embarrassed of his own actions.

Dean just smiled, and hugged Cas back tightly. He rested his chin on Cas’ head and wished they could stay like this forever.

Suddenly, he heard Sam, who was clearing his throat as he stood by the door.

Cas’ eyes flew open, and he started to pull away from Dean, flushing bright red. “I just…” he started awkwardly when Dean sushed him, pulling Cas back into his arms.

“I told Sam,” he said, looking into Cas’ eyes.

Cas watched the two of them, Dean his own personal savior, and Sam, his other best friend.

Sam just nodded. “Yup, and I’m really happy for the two of you, but I made you soup so if you could let go of Dean for one second, that would be nice,” he grinned. Oh, he was gonna have so much fun, teasing those two.

Dean whined silently, but kissed Cas’ forehead and ruffled the pillows so Cas could sit up straight.

Sam laughed and handed Cas his soup. “It might be a bit hot, but Dean doesn’t trust me in the kitchen with anything but soup, so you gotta ask him for other things.”

After a few days of being in bed, Cas was healed well enough to walk around in the bunker, read some books and even to look up some things about the Heaven’s case. Sam and Dean hadn’t been on a job since they found Cas, so all they did was trying to find more information about heaven.

The tables were full of books and papers, with 3 small blank spaces, which were covered with either a plate or a drink most of the time. It was hard to find something, because they had no idea what to look for. It didn’t seem like it had happened ever before.

They also tried to contact Kevin, but the ghost would not reply, no matter how many times they called for him. Sam was a bit worried.

“He was on his way to become a vengeful spirit, where could he be?”

They thought about it for a moment and then Cas cleared his throat. “I think I know why he doesn’t reply to us,” he said, shifting in his seat.

Sam and Dean looked at him, and what Cas told them next was anything but what they had expected.

“Maybe,” Cas said, looking to the table in front of him. “Maybe he felt guilty for trying to kill me on purpose.”