Chapter 19

Sam and Dean were in heaven within a second. Their years of hunting made them cover each other immediately, looking around for anything that could hurt them. When nothing was seen, they looked at each other.

“So… this is heaven, I guess?”

“I guess so.”

They started walking, not sure where to go, until suddenly a scream was heard.

“Cas!” Dean immediately started running, but Sam held him back.

“Dean, we can’t just go running in there. You have no idea what is going on, you have no idea what is about to happen, and neither do you have any idea about their ways to get us here. Maybe it’s a trick. Maybe they just want to lure you in.”

Dean thought about it. Sam could be right, but that was Cas.

“Alright, alright. I’ll just walk,” he said, but he held the bone steady in his hands, ready to attack if needed.

Sam walked behind him, angel blade in one hand, and a gun in the other in case there were not-angels who needed to be killed quickly. It was crazy what they were doing, risking their lives in a way like this, but they’d do anything for family.

They kept walking through heaven; it was all so bright and light. Both Sam and Dean had been to hell, but this was the first time they were actually in heaven.

It felt like they were going on a hunt as they had been for years and years. Dean walking in front, protecting his little brother for whatever might be coming, Sam walking behind, he’d always have Dean’s back. They had been doing this for so long, they automatically went like this.

As they walked closer, Cas’ voice was more and more audible. It sounded like he was saying something to someone but they were still too far away to hear it clearly. However, they noticed his voice sounded monotone. As if someone had been training him to say certain things.

Suddenly, someone stood in front of them.

“Ah, if I didn’t expect you two to be showing up here,” Metatron said.

“Where’s Cas?” Dean only asked.

“Oh, eager, aren’t we? Your little boyfriend is out of your sight, Dean-o. you can’t help him now.”

If Sam hadn’t held Dean back, Dean would’ve slammed the bone through Metatron’s throat.

He hated Metatron so much; he was on the top of the list. Hell, even Lucifer was better than Metatron.

Metatron then noticed the bone Dean held. “That won’t kill me, if you were thinking that,” he said. “Only this can kill me.” He reached in his coat and put out an angel blade. But not just any angel blade. It was enormous and seemed to shine more than any other angel blade they ever had seen before.

Dean frowned. Did Chuck lie?

Sam, as always, seemed to feel what his brother was thinking and put a hand on his arm. I have your back, it meant. He’d always be there for his brother, even when their lives were in danger. Before his mind started to wander off to all the times he had left Dean alone, he shook his head. Dean needed him now. He needed Sam to be focused.  

“It’s an angel blade,” Metatron explained. “Just not any angel blade. The only one who can kill with this God himself. I stole it so now He can’t kill me, if he’s even ever deciding to show up.”

“So you stole God’s glade? Man, he must be pissed. I really hope he’ll split you in halves,” Dean said.

Sam hadn’t been saying anything yet. He was thinking of a small plan to get out of here, with Cas, without spending too much energy. Who knew how much Cas needed them?